Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LaVelle turning 400+ mph LAPS in Sport Heat 1A

Originally posted by Reno_Steve View Post
    That seems strange. I thought there would be a lot of demand for this data. Are there any unofficial sources as all it takes is someone with a video camera near the start line , who can then after the race analyse the video and provide the lap times.

So we could have a 500mph lap and nobody would here about it !!!
    I've talked to a timing official about this. It's still done with a camera. Really kind of archaic in this day and age. A transponder would be the easiest/most efficient way to collect data and post it. That opens several cans of works though.

We do our own timing the old fashioned way, stop watches and a speed chart. We've been at for a few years now. It's proven to be respectably accurate.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Florian View Post
      for those who had no change to see the race today:
      Florian
      Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-12-2014, 02:06 AM.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

funny things happen when editing pictures instead of going to bed

Comment

Dave Sterling declared broke too?? Not on the pairings
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Did anyone notice that stream of smoke that Lavelle's plane let out in the heat race yesterday (fri.)? I didn't see it during the race, but in the after race show while interviewing Jeff, they did a slow mo zoomed in and it was there. If I were him I'd pull the top plugs and boroscope those jugs. He might have been starting to melt something. I remember years ago when John Parker was racing a Glasair III, he put a little too much nitrous in or got too lean and burned a piston. It smoked the same way but didn't stop smoking as he had a hole all the way through a piston. I saw the burned piston the next day on a table in his hanger. That aluminum on the piston sure melts easy when the conditions get out of whack....

Comment

403.67 mph average, new race record for Jeff LaVelle in Heat 3A, simply amazing! 2 records so far!

'Gimp
              sigpic
              1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
              Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

Originally posted by AcroGimp View Post
                403.67 mph average, new race record for Jeff LaVelle in Heat 3A, simply amazing! 2 records so far!

'Gimp
                Maybe that will get Jon Sharp back to racing? Just hoping, anyway...
                Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
                X