Clear All

• LaVelle turning 400+ mph LAPS in Sport Heat 1A

Holy cow!!!

'Gimp
    sigpic
    1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
    Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Re: LaVelle turning 400+ mph LAPS in Sport Heat 1A

He may be close to the sport class race average speed record.

Comment

Did I hear correctly that there were 3 maydays in this heat?
      Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
        Did I hear correctly that there were 3 maydays in this heat?
        Yes. In order, Sterling/8, Parker/352 and I believe the last one was Farnsworth/44. All landed safely.

Comment

Sure is neat to see laps this fast. Does anyone know if all the carbon fiber gear doors, wing tips, etc are new for this year?
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Could you please tell me where to look to see the individual lap times from the races. I can see the race average speed at

I would like to see the individual lap times.

Comment

Originally posted by Reno_Steve View Post
              Could you please tell me where to look to see the individual lap times from the races. I can see the race average speed at

I would like to see the individual lap times.
              RARA does not track nor post individual lap times.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
                Yes. In order, Sterling/8, Parker/352 and I believe the last one was Farnsworth/44. All landed safely.
                44 is out. Andy said the sudden deceleration of the motor when the turbo blew damaged their special prop. One of the prop studs was laying in the cowling when they pulled it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  RARA does not track nor post individual lap times.
                  That seems strange. I thought there would be a lot of demand for this data. Are there any unofficial sources as all it takes is someone with a video camera near the start line , who can then after the race analyse the video and provide the lap times.

So we could have a 500mph lap and nobody would here about it !!!

Comment

44 is out. Andy said the sudden deceleration of the motor when the turbo blew damaged their special prop. One of the prop studs was laying in the cowling when they pulled it off.
                    Crap!!! Wanted to see Lynn smoke some guys!! Next year next year.

And whoever asked about the carbon fiber on Jeff's plane, they had it the past few years I think, maybe they put it on last year
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Reno_Steve View Post
                      That seems strange. I thought there would be a lot of demand for this data. Are there any unofficial sources as all it takes is someone with a video camera near the start line , who can then after the race analyse the video and provide the lap times.

So we could have a 500mph lap and nobody would here about it !!!
                      The way the timing is done, the timers don't really have the time or manpower to track individual laps and still get results posted in a reasonable amount of time. They would still be sorting out one race when the next one started.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
                        Does anyone know what happened to #8? Sounded like an overspeed from where we were.
                        "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

The way the timing is done, the timers don't really have the time or manpower to track individual laps and still get results posted in a reasonable amount of time. They would still be sorting out one race when the next one started.
                          The lap times dont have to be provided straight away. We could wait till after the race week, but it would still be nice to see them posted.

Comment

for those who had no change to see the race today:

Florian
                            Attached Files

Comment

That sucks. It broke right in front of us. It didn't look like a fun ride at all. It looked like it jumped around pretty hard. The prop noise made the hair on my neck electrify. Then 44 went into whisper mode. I'm glad it held together. Another good mayday.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X