Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo quality problems

Hello,

I observed intersting effects in most of my pictures from today and the recent days (please find attached a 100% sample crop from a (soft) photo showing a high amount of intensive local shake/double image zones and tendency to be soft). Can this be an effect of the heatened up air today?
    Especially the local restriced double image zones make me thinking if this is only affected by the upgoing warm air or if there are maybe other reasons?
    All pictures had been taken from the pits.
    Maybe some of the other photographers also had such effects?
    My equipment is a Nikon D300S with the (old version) 80-400 Nikon lens, shutter speed 1/640s, f:8 and no VR activated.
    I also tried higher shutter speeds but observed no improvement concerning the effects above.

Best regards,
    Florian
    Attached Files

Re: Photo quality problems

I have this issue quite often with my D7000 with a 70/300VR lens. I've always been under the impression that it was user error. I don't know. I shoot a slow shutter speed with a lot of panning. Sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

Will

Comment

Re: Photo quality problems

Not sure about this, but I spent the later part of the day chasing wireless connectivity issues with Live AirshowTV it was very strange, we'd have great signal from the pits to the LASTV compound, then, we'd lose it..

Now... tonight, I went out on the ramp for a midnight patrol, I'm not sure what it was, but, there was something glowing inside PM's engine compartment.. I truly think that there may be some credence to the report posted a few weeks ago that indicated that Precious Metal has a new prototype Flux Capacitor and as of the moment, it's giving them a few "issues"....

I'm thinkin' that sucker is leaking Flux and it's farking with everything out here!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X