Strega question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega question

First reports were that #7 flew in with a ferry engine, and would change to a Race motor at Stead. Any sign of an engine change yet? Anybody heard anything about Tiger's intentions??

Thanks for the on site reports. It is hard not being there...

Neal

Re: Strega question

Originally posted by wingman View Post
    First reports were that #7 flew in with a ferry engine, and would change to a Race motor at Stead. Any sign of an engine change yet? Anybody heard anything about Tiger's intentions??

Neal
    Tiger isn't going to be running a stocker no matter what happens. I wouldn't doubt he quals with the ferry and changes it, if not then they will probably change it tonight/tomorrow for qualifying.

Any news on Voodoo engine change? Did I miss that?
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      Tiger isn't going to be running a stocker no matter what happens. I wouldn't doubt he quals with the ferry and changes it, if not then they will probably change it tonight/tomorrow for qualifying.

Any news on Voodoo engine change? Did I miss that?
      I'm not sure Voodoo changed an engine. If they did it was taking out a ferry motor and installing the qualifying motor. Strega is rumored to be getting a race engine delivered, but no one outside the team seems to know who built it.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        I'm not sure Voodoo changed an engine. If they did it was taking out a ferry motor and installing the qualifying motor. Strega is rumored to be getting a race engine delivered, but no one outside the team seems to know who built it.
        This will be fun in so many ways.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Strega also still needs to fly PRS lite to get the pilot qualified? I am waiting for Will to show up and take it round the sticks.
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            Strega also still needs to fly PRS lite to get the pilot qualified? I am waiting for Will to show up and take it round the sticks.
            Tiger and others still need to do the PRS stuff. No word on when that will happen. I hope no one is trying to pull a fast one on the FAA. Things would get ugly.

Comment

When Tiger is in the air, someone go take a peek in the trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                When Tiger is in the air, someone go take a peek in the trailer!
                That's just great! haha!

Comment

As of this morning, Voodoo has it's Qual motor installed
                  "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

There was a report on Facebook yesterday of a RR Merlin coming into Stead on a trailer from Texas. I drew from the comments that it was for Strega.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post

Neal
                      Spoke with Tiger, race motor prepped in Texas should be here today. Tiger confident that they will make swap with zero problems..

Neal, are you coming this year?
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

No, we decided for several reasons to stand down for 2014. (And no health or any other bad reasons). We just decided that after all these years to spend September differently.

Tough right now, though...

Neal

Comment

Working...
                        X