Argonaut the corsair and strega Simulated mayday

All planes safely back.

Voodoo did not fly.

$$
        Know who was in Argo? Assuming it is the pilot of 308 getting qual'd
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: first pic from the ramp

Fury 308 is now owned by Walt Bowe,previously by D.Janitell and Guido Zuccoli who restored her in Australia. Correct me if wrong but I believe this Fury is the first warbird to race in unlimited class in two separate countries, in Aus at Skyrace in Tasmania with Guido and now at Reno, pretty special!!!!!safe racing for all!! cheers,Pete

Comment

Thinking about it, we actually have a very good Unlimited line up this year and I think it's only going to get better with time. We have one of the best Unlimited gold lineups in years with a pretty cool Silver line up as well. La Patrona back turning the sticks along with 2 brand new planes that have never seen the course before. Miss A is out but I know she will return, and I have a gut feeling that all of the slower bronze guys will file back into place within the next few years.

Let's go racing!!!!!!! Qualifications start tomorrow, can't believe it's that time of year again YEA BABY!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I agree, the lineup looks pretty strong this year. It's a shame the Bronze racers aren't there like they were in the past. But the Gold could be a really good race this year. We don't really know how it's running but the Bear looks immaculate. That's a pretty confident looking bunch.

We know Voodoo is well prepared, and September Fury seemed to run well today. Strega is a wild card. Didn't see any sign of a race engine, or preparations to put one in.

I'm pretty intrigued by the Precious Metal team. Those guys look really serious, and appeared to be going over every inch of the airplane today, understandable after such a long ferry. Lots of plumbing going on around the new engine. I don't know if it's normal stuff that goes on a Griffon or not. They had curtains covering the sides of the engine, either to hide stuff or as a gag. Anybody know anything about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
                I'm pretty intrigued by the Precious Metal team. They had curtains covering the sides of the engine, either to hide stuff or as a gag. Anybody know anything about that?
                According to my inside source, they chromed the flux capacitor.

That's what I heard, anyway.

Comment

Is speedball racing??? Saw her in a pic with Sparky, thought she came last year and didn't race? Hope she is, kinda doubt it though
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Ya, that could be it! Seriously I don't know if anybody has really explored the limits of what a Griffon can do. Did they use them in unlimited hydroplanes? Did any of the top Merlin builders work with them? I don't know.

I'm hoping there's something really exotic going on behind those curtains. That airplane with a lot more horsepower would be very interesting!

Comment

Ya, that could be it! Seriously I don't know if anybody has really explored the limits of what a Griffon can do. Did they use them in unlimited hydroplanes? Did any of the top Merlin builders work with them? I don't know.

I'm hoping there's something really exotic going on behind those curtains. That airplane with a lot more horsepower would be very interesting!
                      The speed that Thom and his crew have found since he purchased PM is amazing. I'm sure there is more.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        Is speedball racing??? Saw her in a pic with Sparky, thought she came last year and didn't race? Hope she is, kinda doubt it though

I think Dan will be flying Speedball as a safety/ chase plane

Comment

The Griffon was used in the unlimited hydroplanes. The Miss Budweiser took the development of the Griffon further than pretty much anyone else with Jeff Neff as the primary engine builder. The first year Thom ran PM, it had one of the Bud motors in it. I don't know how much of the boat stuff is still being used, but the current PM engine is a leap forward overall.

Comment

The shrouds are not a hoax. There is a leap forward under there no matter how good we do.

Comment

Hi,

Also Rare Bear and Czech Mate were up today for test flights.

Florian
                              Attached Files

Comment

I am still struggling with uploads. Got a good close up of the censored curtains

$$

Comment

Working...
                                X