Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: first pic from the ramp

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    No no no, still on its way, better than starting in the back like last year, that's what he wanted
    I wonder if 381 will be enough. Last year the top six sat until Saturday, and Strega had to race in on Friday.
    With 77 ahead and race 5, 38, 86, 8, and 71 all 400+ qualifiers with ease that would put Strega 7th in qualifying. It would also give the Friday fans something to look forward to and Tiger an extra race to practice...

Comment

Originally posted by glider90 View Post
      I wonder if 381 will be enough. Last year the top six sat until Saturday, and Strega had to race in on Friday.
      With 77 ahead and race 5, 38, 86, 8, and 71 all 400+ qualifiers with ease that would put Strega 7th in qualifying. It would also give the Friday fans something to look forward to and Tiger an extra race to practice...

It will be interesting to see how fast 8 will run with the short tail...I am guessing they will have to run pretty conservative

Comment

Voodoo at 479.267
        Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
          It will be interesting to see how fast 8 will run with the short tail...I am guessing they will have to run pretty conservative
          Actually combo of short tail and skinny prop should be slightly faster

Comment

Race 71 at 421.746
            Yes, Will be interesting to see Dread's speeds with the changes this year. Still has to be in the 4-somethings though I would guess.
            Surprisingly low (at 479?!) for Voodoo. I was wondering if they would chase 500. I'd rather them stay healthy til last lap Sunday, but with a spare engine and score to settle I thought they might go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
              Actually combo of short tail and skinny prop should be slightly faster

But I believe there is a fairly major stability issue at high speed with the short tail (of course that was with the other prop)...Be great if it was actually faster...soon shall see
              Last edited by johnnyrace; 09-09-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glider90 View Post
                If race engine is installed tonight he should be able to re-qualify tomorrow, as it is he is in the show. So if anything hiccups with race motor arrival/installation he officially has a place.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                  If race engine is installed tonight he should be able to re-qualify tomorrow, as it is he is in the show. So if anything hiccups with race motor arrival/installation he officially has a place.
                  True. Maybe he is saving a lap for Hoot

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
                    But I believe there is a fairly major stability issue at high speed with the short tail (of course that was with the other prop)...Be great if it was actually faster...soon shall see
                    Don't forget that 30 something years ago it ran fine in the mid 430s with the original short tail.

Neal

Comment

Wow!! Amazimg dead stick landing by Thom!!

I am still shaking! !!

$$

Comment

Originally posted by bikenutty View Post
                        Wow!! Amazimg dead stick landing by Thom!!

I am still shaking! !!

$$
                        Thinking he turned it off within his own power to prevent any damage..?
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Precious Metal was running late last night.

The hangar Strega is in was closed so I dont think they pulled an all nighter for the race engine install.

There was a dinner / paying respects for Lee in one of the sport hangars too.

$$
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sparky running prop back on

$$

Comment

Spark plugs out of race 38

$$
                              Attached Files

Comment

Czech Mate video I took yesterday noon, never noticed this slight whistle voice in the past years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUgpk2HAMoQ

Florian

Comment

Working...
                                X