Miss America 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss America 2014

Ive heard here in OKC, Miss America won't be racing and Hisey is "done". I have also heard she is for sale. But seen no adds or heard a price? Hope the new owner repaints her in her old paint job with all the record info on the sides. And really races her to WIN. I never understood spending race engine money and having a big canopy. If all the owner wants to do is turn the pylons that's Awesome! But why spend the big bucks on a race motor and risk blowing it up for last place gold? Or first silver? Run a stock motor and canopy and keep MP. In safe levels and truly compete in the bronze. It's like Hisey never could make his mind up to Race or just turn pylons. Either way I'm glad he at least raced it at Reno...I'm just looking forward to a new owner that will keep its heritage and be more friendly like Thom and the PM team. Maybe even be a real Gold airplane again!

Re: Miss America 2014

I personally always found Brent Hisey to be very approchable and friendly. I'm happy that he pretty much kept her in the Miss America paint scheme, and not turn her into another stock military Mustang. Not that a stock paint job is a bad thing, but Miss America of course is more race historic. Just my .02!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

It'll look great with that big TF canopy and a super-shiny 8th AF paint job!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51 View Post
        It'll look great with that big TF canopy and a super-shiny 8th AF paint job!
        SHADDUP...........

Comment

Going back to Shawn"s time machaine
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lotahp1 View Post
            Ive heard here in OKC, Miss America won't be racing and Hisey is "done". I have also heard she is for sale. But seen no adds or heard a price? Hope the new owner repaints her in her old paint job with all the record info on the sides. And really races her to WIN. I never understood spending race engine money and having a big canopy. If all the owner wants to do is turn the pylons that's Awesome! But why spend the big bucks on a race motor and risk blowing it up for last place gold? Or first silver? Run a stock motor and canopy and keep MP. In safe levels and truly compete in the bronze. It's like Hisey never could make his mind up to Race or just turn pylons. Either way I'm glad he at least raced it at Reno...I'm just looking forward to a new owner that will keep its heritage and be more friendly like Thom and the PM team. Maybe even be a real Gold airplane again!

Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Did Miss a America give up its engine for Strega?
              Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                Did Miss a America give up its engine for Strega?
                No, Strega's engine is the same one they've been using for the past 5(?) years. It was just overhauled by Rick Shanholtzer this year instead of Mike Nixon.

Comment

Don't think it's the same. Last years race engine was red.

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Hisey at the '08 races. First time by his billet, he was getting his head in the race so his squire told me to try again after the heat.

You couldn't meet a nicer guy. Friendly, ready to chat, he suffered this fool gladly and stood for a pic with me. (The guy is built like a fireplug -- he threw an arm across my back and immobilized both of my arms at the shoulders!)

He would be sorely missed from the pits and the races.

$
                    Attached Files
                    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
                    Martin Caidin

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                      I personally always found Brent Hisey to be very approchable and friendly. I'm happy that he pretty much kept her in the Miss America paint scheme, and not turn her into another stock military Mustang. Not that a stock paint job is a bad thing, but Miss America of course is more race historic. Just my .02!

Race 29
                      I think the original paint job was much prettier than the newer version. The tail scheme and darker blue was much better.
                      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Call me twisted but I would still like to see Miss America turtle decked.

Random Air Blog

Comment

Dude, that is RAD!!!

Race 29
                          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                            Call me twisted but I would still like to see Miss America turtle decked.

I agree with you. I think it would be great to see Miss A go with full race mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                              I agree with you. I think it would be great to see Miss A go with full race mods.
                              Why, thanks for posting my illustration of "Miss A" over here. I'm Steve, the "owner" of the "Officially Unofficial Miss America Air Racing Team" page over on Facebook. I got a wild hair one day to see what she'd look like on a plane like Strega's metal.

Not bad. Sexy lady.

Never happen.

Enjoy the races!

Steve

The Officially Unofficial Miss America Air Racing Team. 2,520 likes. "Air racing may not be better than your wedding night, but it's better than the second night." - Mickey Rupp
                              SSGFX, The Wonder Artist

9one8.net

Throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X