Lets make some productions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets make some productions!!!

My dad always loved to make predictions for the races. so in honor of him, if everyone is healthy on Sunday who wins?
    I am going with 232. I think they have their stuff togther and Hoot knows what he's doing. he might push the mustangs to break, or he might just fly by them.

I meant to write predictions, not productions lol.
    Last edited by Benjamin_ofIdaho; 08-31-2014, 03:56 PM.

Re: Lets make some productions!!!

I have to go with Voodoo.
    They've fine tuned the handling, so Steve-O can fly it even faster this year!
    Plus I love the two-motor strategy.

232 with Hoot is such an awesome combo, and I will be ecstatic if they win, but I don't think he can stick with a healthy Voodoo (especially with the refinements).

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin_ofIdaho View Post
      My dad always loved to make productions for the races. so in honor of him, if everyone is healthy on Sunday who wins?
      I am going with 232. I think they have their stuff togther and Hoot knows what he's doing. he might push the mustangs to break, or he might just fly by them.

Well,
      Let's see little brother;

My 'production' - (prediction)
      Would be thus:

232 - Clean and Mean. Hoot flies such a perfect line, if anyone can chase down Stevo, and pass. It's Hoot. AND, he certainly has the ride for it this year.. A #2 spot for the pace-lap Sunday will be critical.

5 - What can we say? They have it together. And it's FAST.

86 - Let's see Smoot make us all smile with 480+ laps!

- Joseph

Comment

It seems like everyone thinks that 232 has the same engine as last year. I think they might be surprised...
        Last edited by Benjamin_ofIdaho; 08-31-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Voodoo seems to have the recipe for success, two race prepped Merlins and a capable team that works on the aircraft all through the off season. I predict Steve Hinton will win it with a race speed in the high 480s and will power back by the 6th lap or so to save the engine, at that point he should be ahead by about 10 seconds. Another win for Stevo. 232 in second in the 470s and the Bear in third also in the 470s. Assuming Rare Bear can keep it together it should be an interesting week.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapskater View Post
            Voodoo seems to have the recipe for success, two race prepped Merlins and a capable team that works on the aircraft all through the off season. I predict Steve Hinton will win it with a race speed in the high 480s and will power back by the 6th lap or so to save the engine, at that point he should be ahead by about 10 seconds. Another win for Stevo. 232 in second in the 470s and the Bear in third also in the 470s. Assuming Rare Bear can keep it together it should be an interesting week.
            Another huge advantage to team Voodoo is young Mr. Hinton himself. As good a pilot that he is, he just might be a better mechanic. That, my friends, is a very solid thing!

I spoke with Bob Button and he was extremely impressed with Steve's attention to detail. There are no "if's" with him, he leaves nothing to chance, often personally performing the tasks at hand.

What a combo, Hinton/Kerchenfaut.....
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'll go with:

1. 38- Precious Metal- Bringing a 12 cylinder this year, instead of last year's 9 cylinder.
              2. 5- Voodoo- If the engine makes it to the end of a hard charging race. Minor upgrades.
              3. 77- Rare Bear- Unless Voodoo breaks, then they move up one. Lots of hard work and seemingly a solid plane this year. Probably planning on pushing until the Merlins break.
              4. 86- Czech Mate- Always in it to win, but do they have the displacement to place? A few small mods?
              5. 232- Hungry to win- will have to push the Merlins to breakage to place. Confident in what they have with rumors of a new engine.
              6. ????- Everybody else......

Regardless, this year looks like a bunch of teams in it for the win, instead of just to take part. I believe we will see some great racing!

Comment

strega, voodoo or bear, bear or voodoo, 232, CM, PM, dread, sparky

Comment

5- Voodoo is just so well prepared and the Merlin in the slick mustang is so hard to beat.
                  7- If Strega has won before why can't she again? Maybe because Voodoo is just better prepared, fair enough.
                  8- Push her til the guys out front break, no upset here.
                  38- If you guys think that Thom is coming to putt putt around the pylons you're very wrong, PM is ready, top three ready, but time will tell if this year is the top three year. The Red baron did it so can PM.
                  77- THE BEAR SOUNDS MEAN. She does not sound like the bear i know she is the nastiest 3350 i have ever heard without a doubt. I think the bear is the upset in the making.
                  86- 2800 won't get the job done. If the work done to her this year was just fixing what broke in the accident, expect her bumped out of the top 3 by PM, 232, and the bear.
                  232- Hoot had her throttled up on Voodoo's a$$ last years Saturday heat and she is the world's fastest sea fury. Hoot is an incredible pilot with a flawless line, if she isn't breaking she's keeping with Tiger and Stevo.

2 Merlins, 2 Roundies, that is my top 4, would love to see PM win but I think her and Thom need a few more years to get her up to the winners podium, Smooter would love a win but that little Yak can't keep up with the crowd, last year was the lucky breaking of 232, screwed up bear, and 9 cylinder Griffon that let her on the podium.

Just my 2 cents, history is history and facts are facts.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

-Just in case you need the proof..
                  Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-31-2014, 09:31 PM. Reason: Had to add the proof behind my statements.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin_ofIdaho View Post
                    It seems like everyone thinks that 232 has the same engine as last year. I think they might be surprised...
                    News to me. It was my understanding that the engine on race 232 was more or less unchanged from last year??

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                      I'll go with:

1. 38- Precious Metal- Bringing a 12 cylinder this year, instead of last year's 9 cylinder.
                      2. 5- Voodoo- If the engine makes it to the end of a hard charging race. Minor upgrades.
                      3. 77- Rare Bear- Unless Voodoo breaks, then they move up one. Lots of hard work and seemingly a solid plane this year. Probably planning on pushing until the Merlins break.
                      4. 86- Czech Mate- Always in it to win, but do they have the displacement to place? A few small mods?
                      5. 232- Hungry to win- will have to push the Merlins to breakage to place. Confident in what they have with rumors of a new engine.
                      6. ????- Everybody else......

Regardless, this year looks like a bunch of teams in it for the win, instead of just to take part. I believe we will see some great racing!
                      Voodoo made major changes this year.

Race 86 has more displacement vs wetted area than any unlimited.

Nobody knows how solid The Bear is.

232 is top three if it is healthy.

Comment

I predict this year we will see a pass for first place after the first 3 laps.

Comment

Originally posted by MOREGAS1 View Post
                          News to me. It was my understanding that the engine on race 232 was more or less unchanged from last year??

Maybe that's how we've been trained to 'understand'...

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                            I predict this year we will see a pass for first place after the first 3 laps.
                            I hope you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                              Maybe that's how we've been trained to 'understand'...
                              Can you elaborate? Is it a stock engine, or did they go full race trim?

Comment

Working...
                              X