Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Office Space

Originally posted by badman View Post
    Interesting discussion. Is the identity of the Mustangs that have had the wings zeroed out top secret-classified-illegal info to post here? If not, I'd love to know which Mustangs you're talking about.
    I am interested also, if it won't get anyone in trouble.

Mustangs with Engine thrust line zeroed.
    1. Voodoo
    2. ?
    3. ?

Mustangs with Wing incidence change.
    1. ?
    2. ?
    3. ?

Comment

Originally posted by JayReno View Post

1. Voodoo
      2. ?
      3. ?

1. ?
      2. ?
      3. ?
      I think it was mentioned in this thread or another somewhere recently that Strega had the engine thrust line zeroed AND the wing zeroed - so that may be one of the 3 (plus Sparrow said he worked on one of them and he was involved with Strega). What other ones (besides Voodoo now with the zeroed engine) are/were there? Sparrow's comment about one of them being a former racer (I'd assume it was a pretty modified one, but maybe not?) that was restored back to stock (and assuming it's still around today?) leaves....Stiletto? Sumthin Else? Dago (has any restoration started on it yet?)? Vendetta (would a Lear wing count as being zeroed if it was?)?

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
        I think it was mentioned in this thread or another somewhere recently that Strega had the engine thrust line zeroed AND the wing zeroed - so that may be one of the 3 (plus Sparrow said he worked on one of them and he was involved with Strega). What other ones (besides Voodoo now with the zeroed engine) are/were there? Sparrow's comment about one of them being a former racer (I'd assume it was a pretty modified one, but maybe not?) that was restored back to stock (and assuming it's still around today?) leaves....Stiletto? Sumthin Else? Dago (has any restoration started on it yet?)? Vendetta (would a Lear wing count as being zeroed if it was?)?
        Strega only has the wing incidence angle change.

Since you brought up Vendetta, that reminded me of Miss Ashley II -that could be a possibility?

And I thought I had read somewhere once that the Red Baron had the engine zeroed?

Comment

Question for Michael:

There are 2 induction temp gauges: TUBE and LOG

Can you explain the difference?

Thanks again for your insight!
          "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
            Question for Michael:

It's basically two induction temp sensor locations in the motor. One is mounted in the "log" section of the motor which is the intake between the two heads, about mid way. The other is in the induction "tube" between the blower section and the beginning of the log. The log is a cast piece of the engine that is fairly beefy. The tube is a rather thin section comparatively and was made specifically for the race motors. It replaces the aftercooler.

In the attached photo, you'll see the red circle denoting the tube induction temp locations and the black showing the log section. There are a total of three induction temperature sensors. One in the log and two in the tube. The log and tube are in the cockpit, with the second tube location being for telemetry.

Michael

Click image for larger version

Name:	merlin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	227746
            Last edited by Mluvara; 09-05-2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
              Question for Michael:

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
              It's basically two induction temp sensor locations in the motor. One is mounted in the "log" section of the motor which is the intake between the two heads, about mid way. The other is in the induction "tube" between the blower section and the beginning of the log. The log is a cast piece of the engine that is fairly beefy. The tube is a rather thin section comparatively and was made specifically for the race motors. It replaces the aftercooler.

In the attached photo, you'll see the red circle denoting the tube induction temp locations and the black showing the log section. There are a total of three induction temperature sensors. One in the log and two in the tube. The log and tube are in the cockpit, with the second tube location being for telemetry.

Michael

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20907[/ATTACH]
              Great question, great answer! Gold stars to the both of you. Thanks.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                The ADI is pre-set set with a jet for a desired flow. Stevo can add more ADI to the system with the knob if things get hot. I don't know where the name came from, but it's always been referred to as a "tweedle valve".

Michael
                The name came from Charles Tweedle:

I called it a Gate valve because the knob looks exactly like the gate valve I have installed on the Berkely Jet Pump to control temp/pressure to the Big Block Chevy in the Jet Boat. I like the idea of marking it to indicate position.
                "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by JayReno View Post

1. Voodoo
                  2. ?
                  3. ?

1. ?
                  2. ?
                  3. ?
                  ...possibly Dago on the engine thrust angle(don't know what angle or maybe it was the wing?)...

Strega for sure on the Wing Incidence(posed the question to Stevo in 2007).
                  Last edited by John; 09-05-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X