How long will YOU be there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will YOU be there?

Just a fun thread to see when you guys are gonna be on the ramp (not sure why I'm doing this because you qualifying guys will just make me jealous).

Taking a plane from San Diego Friday afternoon to arrive in stead around 5 or 6 that evening. Wish I could be there all Friday, haven't ever done that before usually catch from about noon to the end on Friday. Who am I kidding I wanna show up on Monday and stay til the next Monday!!!

So who's the lucky ones that are there all week?
    (You are obligated to keep us posted ya know )
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: How long will YOU be there?

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Just a fun thread to see when you guys are gonna be on the ramp (not sure why I'm doing this because you qualifying guys will just make me jealous).

Taking a plane from San Diego Friday afternoon to arrive in stead around 5 or 6 that evening. Wish I could be there all Friday, haven't ever done that before usually catch from about noon to the end on Friday. Who am I kidding I wanna show up on Monday and stay til the next Monday!!!

So who's the lucky ones that are there all week?
    (You are obligated to keep us posted ya know )
    Monday? That would be way too late for me. I'll be there Saturday for arrivals and the eight days after plus any days between now and then that I can sneak out there which is usually 3 or 4 for a couple hours each. I'm usually there for 10 days or so every year. I guess that's just about the best perk of living in Reno.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Four days for me, though I'll miss Thursday morning.

In years past, I often came for qualifying and enjoyed it immensely, but have had to pare down the budget in the last few years.

Nonetheless, I'm excited and eager to arrive at Stead. My "air race backpack" is already packed.

Comment

So help me, I love typing this stuff!

Get in to RNO at 9:30 on the 6th from SEA. Cab to El Monte RV to pickup the motor home, then head north on 395 to the land of bad ass speed and debauchery. Judge's camp next to Txwy Alpha at approach end of Rnwy08. When the sad day comes, depart RNO on Monday, 15Sep at 3:25pm. Something about hanging around on Monday...watching the pits empty, lots of departures, sounds of aluminum poles clanking against the tarmac, and just sitting in the empty stands looking out over the course. Melancholy Monday to some degree but it puts closure to the 10 days of fun and starts the countdown clock for the next 51 weeks.

Safe travels to all and enjoy the week everyone! It only happens once a year...and it only happens here!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Lots of medical bills this year so I might miss this year after 30 some straight years. You all keep us posted.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

My bro and I are flying in on Monday the 8th and will be there ALLLLLLLLL week! We fly out on Monday the 15th.
            This is my 1 week of vacation that I take each year! One week in paradise!

Comment

Wishing you the best, Bob.
              Owen Ashurst
              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

We're coming from Ontario, Canada!
                Arrive in SFO around noon on Wednesday (10th)
                Lunch at Neptunes on Pier 39, then onto I80 through the Donner Pass.
                Quick stop at Cabella's just over the Nevada border to browse the amazing firearm collection there.
                Should be checked into GSR by 6.
                Up bright and early and head to Stead for Thursday morning racing.
                Heading home on Monday (15th) departing SFO around noon!

Cheers, see you all there!
                sigpic

Comment

I knew I would be getting jealous!!! I would DIE to be there all week!!! One year, one year, I have to use that "it only comes ONCE a year" excuse when it comes to this stuff.

Like I said, if you're there early we better see some pictures on here!

See some of you out there on Saturday and Sunday! With our new name badges of course
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

[So who's the lucky ones that are there all week?
                    (You are obligated to keep us posted ya know )[/QUOTE]

Will be there on Sat., Sept. 6 between 10:00 AM and noon to watch arrivals.
                    Plan to leave for home on Mon. Sept. 15th.
                    Wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Nieberg View Post
                      Quick stop at Cabella's just over the Nevada border to browse the amazing firearm collection there.
                      Bernard, if you really wanna see some guns cruise over to Sparks and check out Scheels - it's a two story sporting goods store that puts Cabella's to shame. Ungodly gun collection! That's where I fell in love with a Benelli M4 Tactical home defense shotgun.

I'll be coming in from Atlanta on Wednesday, heading straight to Stead to pick up my pit crew credentials and then pick up my brother on Thursday. Heading back to the house on Monday to celebrate the wife's birthday Tuesday. She's lucky this year - more often than not I'm in Reno on her birthday. Just means cool air race goodies as a birthday present!

Comment

My Dad and I should be arriving the afternoon of the 3rd. Lending a hand emptying the hangar and getting the NAG express office clean and setup.

Hoping Wayne remembers to bring me some great beers!

$$
                        Last edited by bikenutty; 08-26-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Arrive some time late Thursday and leave early Monday. Used to do the 'all week' thing, but honestly...1) It's too expensive (I've yet to win the lottery) and 2) Unless you're directly involved with a team or the event, it's really not worth it.
                          I don't drink much (anymore) and I don't gamble. So...if I'm there that long, frankly, I get bored with it (DUCKING). The only days worth coming out and spending my money on are Friday - Sunday.

Comment

Scheel's in Sparks it will be then! Thanks for the tip bulldawg66!
                            sigpic

Comment

Depart Santa Fe, NM Fri 5th
                              Arrive Mon 8th, leave Mon 15th
                              Staying in the west RV lot
                              Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X