Ione news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ione news

Argonaught and 232 flew for about an hour today around Eagles nest and both sounded good!! (Gave me chills!) They were up for about a half hour yesterday also. They did a few low passes, and a few orbits around the airport in tight formation.

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: Ione news

Thanks for the update, that's awesome news! Any word on the Buick?

Comment

Thanks for the report.

I have been thinking about making a Sunday drive down there for some time now.

Comment

Any photos from the flights?
        "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

I haven't seen Dreadnaught yet, but I work right by Eagles nest and they've flown two days in a row so I'm crossing my fingers. It looked like they were putting some time on 232's engine today. I snapped a couple pictures with my cell phone camera, but they didn't turn out that great. I'll see if I can upload them.

Race 29

Comment

Said photo. This was the best one, and it's still hard to make out any detail. 232 is in front, Argo is trailing in a left turn over Eagles nest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Argo232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	227727

Race 29

Comment

232 was up again today for about a half hour. Wow! She's sounding good! I'm realizing that there's something about the sound of a warbird that bites into my brain and forces me to look skyward! I can't help it, I'm a junkie!! The world HAS to stop and I have to look at it. I forget for that small moment that I have to pay taxes, have to buy food, have to pay rent, have to drive home in traffic. Nothing else matters! Friends, coworkers, Mrs Race 29, can be telling me something very, very important, I'll shut them out and look skyward, searching for the source of that sound. That sound is my crack! I can't help it! I know they don't understand, but I feel like my AAFO brethren and sistren (is that a word?) might be the only ones that understand me. "Hello, my name is Race 29, and I'm a warbird-aholic".

Race 29

Comment

I'm one of those warbird-aholics". too..............don't forget our next meeting in Reno next month.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                  I'm one of those warbird-aholics". too..............don't forget our next meeting in Reno next month.

Brian
                  "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffin' glue"

Comment

Any word on Dreadnaught flying?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post

Brian
                      They have me going in for help a little more often I guess. I have to go to the Camarillo Airshow tomorrow for a little warbird-aholic treatment.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Hello, my name is Sneauxman, a total air racing junckie also. Thank you for helping me explain to Mrs Sneauxman and others that it ain't just me. Looking and listening upward during tennis does not make happy playing partners. It give me an endless fix. When is Reno again?
                        Mr D-dawg - the shops are closed at Ione Friday, Saturday and Sunday - unless there is a thrash in progress. This year the guys leave Thursday and live normal lives on the weekends. Come out during the week. Dennis is a great host.

Comment

I work right by Eagles nest. I'd love the oppourtunity to check out the shop! I've been over near there before, but the only road leading to their shop is the driveway to their home. I didn't want to just drive down there un announced!

Race 29

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                            232 was up again today for about a half hour. Wow! She's sounding good! I'm realizing that there's something about the sound of a warbird that bites into my brain and forces me to look skyward! I can't help it, I'm a junkie!! The world HAS to stop and I have to look at it. I forget for that small moment that I have to pay taxes, have to buy food, have to pay rent, have to drive home in traffic. Nothing else matters! Friends, coworkers, Mrs Race 29, can be telling me something very, very important, I'll shut them out and look skyward, searching for the source of that sound. That sound is my crack! I can't help it! I know they don't understand, but I feel like my AAFO brethren and sistren (is that a word?) might be the only ones that understand me. "Hello, my name is Race 29, and I'm a warbird-aholic".

Race 29
                            Here's to you. I'm in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
                            X