Precious Metal "19 Minutes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious Metal "19 Minutes"

I assume a majority of you look at PM's facebook page and recent posts of Thom's story in Britains "Pilot" magazine have come up lately and I decided to purchase the digital copy to read Thom's story. Very intersting, very deep but still easy to comprehend no matter how much knowledge you have. It ended up being $5 for the whole digital copy, very much worth it go buy it right now!!

I forgot about how fun that journey was for all of us on AAFO too, watching the Flightaware for PM as well as listening to the ATC towers saying "good luck at the 50th Thom!". That was the best part, can't wait for the fun this year!!! Thanks for the drama Thom, made for a good read
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Precious Metal "19 Minutes"

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Thanks for the drama Thom, made for a good read
    Lol! Glad you enjoyed it. As for the drama, though somewhat self inflicted, was definitely unplanned and unwanted. We hope to have a very boring cross country experience this year... The transportation of a Gold racer across the country definitely adds to the difficulty level of fielding one of these things. I've always wondered how the race Merlin's and Radials would handle it, and if it was a required part of the races, how it would affect their race speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post
      Lol! Glad you enjoyed it. As for the drama, though somewhat self inflicted, was definitely unplanned and unwanted. We hope to have a very boring cross country experience this year... The transportation of a Gold racer across the country definitely adds to the difficulty level of fielding one of these things. I've always wondered how the race Merlin's and Radials would handle it, and if it was a required part of the races, how it would affect their race speeds.
      I as well hope it's a boring and undramatic trip this year. You guys have gone through enough and deserve a calm journey this time around. Do you have an actual "ferry" engine to cross the country with or do you plan on flying over here with the race engine installed to make it easy when you arrive?
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Definitely flying out on the motor that we are racing. It would be unsportsmanlike not to... (Ducking and running!)

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post
          Definitely flying out on the motor that we are racing. It would be unsportsmanlike not to... (Ducking and running!)
          LOL!
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
          X