transportation from reno airport to stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transportation from reno airport to stead

I'm meeting my brother and dad in reno on friday but there flight doesn't get there until 7 pm. I could get into reno by 11:30 am and instead of waiting around for them because they have the hotel and rental car stuff i was wondering if there was anyway to get to stead, preferably free, to watch the rest of fridays races and then hang out until they get in to pick me up.

Greg

Re: transportation from reno airport to stead

You can usually catch a hotel shuttle from the airport to a hotel, and then the air race shuttle from there to Stead. The shuttle runs from the major hotels so any hotel shuttle will do - according to the RARA website, it's $12 one way.

So that plus a tip to the hotel shuttle driver; not free but cheaper than a cab.

Comment

Originally posted by L.E.D. View Post
      You can usually catch a hotel shuttle from the airport to a hotel, and then the air race shuttle from there to Stead. The shuttle runs from the major hotels so any hotel shuttle will do - according to the RARA website, it's $12 one way.

So that plus a tip to the hotel shuttle driver; not free but cheaper than a cab.
      Thank you very much

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by gv71 View Post
        I'm meeting my brother and dad in reno on friday but there flight doesn't get there until 7 pm. I could get into reno by 11:30 am and instead of waiting around for them because they have the hotel and rental car stuff i was wondering if there was anyway to get to stead, preferably free, to watch the rest of fridays races and then hang out until they get in to pick me up.

Greg
        Shoot, I dunno about everyone else, I normally never would pick up a stranger hitching but, if it were a guy standing by a main street with a sign, AIR RACES... I'd go out of my way to get ya!!

I think the others are more on target, also city bus lines go out there, but I don't think they go all the way to the airport.. unsure on this one but several blocks short would be my guess.

Reminds me of a story Bill Rogers told me once.. he deliberately got himself in trouble at the grocery store he worked at because he couldn't get the time off, and he knew the story policy was a bit of unpaid leave for screwing up... they "suspended" him for a few days... he flew to Reno, hitched out to the field and the rest is history. That's how bad he wanted to go.. this was his first time out there..
        Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 08-14-2014, 12:21 AM. Reason: brain fart
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X