No announcement yet.

Is this the official unlimited list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the official unlimited list?

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    If you look under the "race data" tab for each class it outlines all of the planned heat races. I was thinking they may have just brought a "template" from last year but it appears to be what the planned for this year. (Ex: 4 sport class heats and 3 jet class heats). And it shows they plan on a bronze as well as Friday gold race so maybe they hope for more to come?
    Four sport heats are a given. I. Not sure the number of jets will support 3 heats. No way in €%#%! Will there be bronze heats for unlimited. We will have two days with no unlimiteds on course just like last year.

Comment

Maybe there'll be late enteries

Comment

I Imagine all of the 450+ Unlimiteds will be happy with this. More prize money for them if the slow guys don't show up to take some of it. Thought we were at 650k with another 100k most likely to get added to that? If I had a stock T-28 I would show up to take some of that last place money and maybe even make a profit doing so. That's just me though...
        And I don't have a T-28..
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I Imagine all of the 450+ Unlimiteds will be happy with this. More prize money for them if the slow guys don't show up to take some of it. Thought we were at 650k with another 100k most likely to get added to that? If I had a stock T-28 I would show up to take some of that last place money and maybe even make a profit doing so. That's just me though...
          you'd need a pretty special t 28 to qual over 300
          dave
          Attached Files
          www.davemorss.com

Comment

Originally posted by morss View Post
            you'd need a pretty special t 28 to qual over 300
            dave
            Is 300 hard for a T-28 to reach?? I thought The Bear was stock?
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Is 300 hard for a T-28 to reach?? I thought The Bear was stock?
              many t 28 have tried but the bear is the only one to crack 300 it took many hours of very special prep by some very talented guys
              dave
              www.davemorss.com

Comment

IIRC the prize money pool is directly related to the number of entries. (1 million if 25 entries, 500k if 12 for example)

Comment

2011 - 30 unlimiteds entered, 2014 about half that if we're lucky. Only three years ago, but so much has changed since then. I wonder if we'll get back to somewhere close to those 2011 numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by morss View Post
                    many t 28 have tried but the bear is the only one to crack 300 it took many hours of very special prep by some very talented guys
                    dave
                    Wow didn't know that, that's incredible!! Thanks!
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

As an appetizer for this years races you may take a look at our 2013 pics of the Unlimiteds (link below, then the 2013 Button on the left ...).
                      Full HD-Wallpaper download of each pic is available via right mouse button/save picture as on the (somewhat smaller displayed) picture.

Gentleman, we have a RACE !

Click image for larger version

Name:	13u47_4105.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	227706
                      Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

Those purse numbers were based on having a minimum of 18 airplanes. It will will be reduced if they don't get that many.

Comment

If Hisey did indeed sell Miss A.,will he retire from racing in general or is another aircraft in the works? Same crew or fresh start for the new owner...I understand this all could be speculation.
                          " The sins of the father are told by the son"

Comment

Originally posted by AKA HITMAN View Post
                            If Hisey did indeed sell Miss A.,will he retire from racing in general or is another aircraft in the works? Same crew or fresh start for the new owner...I understand this all could be speculation.
                            Judging off of the facebook page, Hisey did not sell her but these new guys were gonna bring Miss A this year. I assume Hisey would be retiring though once he gets rid of Miss A.
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post

Those purse numbers were based on having a minimum of 18 airplanes. It will will be reduced if they don't get that many.
                              The purse is 650 regardless of the number. RARA had to agree to that to get the fast guys to show. The extra 100,000 will never happen as it's predicated on event success and gate turn out we never see the gate numbers so no to verify, so of course it never happens. Whether Rara honors the 650,000 purse will have to be seen to be believed.

Comment

In 2012 when the races were in doubt do to money problems, I remember the Nevada Tourism Commission coming to the rescue with $$$. Maybe Rara should talk to them about a donation for the prize fund. Matt, we're sure going to miss you running the pylons this year. Are you coming to the races this year and share your expertise and knowledge?
                                Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X