Biggest airplane ever to race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest airplane ever to race?

are we talking race or qualified? I do remember one year that FIFI turned a lap on the course and I do remember sharon on the radio saying "fifi, you are qualified".
    bob burns
    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Originally posted by tow-3 View Post
      are we talking race or qualified? I do remember one year that FIFI turned a lap on the course and I do remember sharon on the radio saying "fifi, you are qualified".
      and
      that was "97" my first trip to NCAR...it was Fricken Awesome....I have Photos of her coming around 8-9 (gotta go diggen)

Comment

I just want to see El Patrone back racing on the coarse. That is one beautiful plane with the polished skin, drop dead gorgeous nose art, and maybe this year the Jane Mansfield augmentation (smile). Just want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable 51st, we all are so fortunate to be able to participate in this event, thanks to the efforts of a dedicated group of individuals.

Comment

At the Lincoln air races in the mid-70's they had a bomber race. I'll have to look through my pics and see if the DC-4 ("Spirit of 76") that was there raced or not.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            At the Lincoln air races in the mid-70's they had a bomber race. I'll have to look through my pics and see if the DC-4 ("Spirit of 76") that was there raced or not.
            Would love to see anything you have of the Lincoln races. My mom managed the airport back in the late 70's and I was there all the time then. Was at the show but was pretty young and don't remember much.

Comment

Arctic Cat
              PM me and I'll give you all I have.
              Gary Williams
              Gary Williams

Comment

...the largest to actually race in a "real" race...at Mojave '70...

..."Race 64", former Zantop freighter DC-7BF N759Z...then owned by Paulson's California Airmotive...later scrapped at Beirut, Lebanon in 1985

Cooper's Sea Fury
                F4U-7 N693M
                Sea Fury "Race Zero"
                three-engine flyby at the end of the race
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X