8/5 Reno Stead Airport Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/5 Reno Stead Airport Report

Well, the last 3-4 weeks that I have cruised past the Bear cave, its been quiet, locked up and dark. So I thought well maybe they are feverishly working at night?

Today while running to town I cruised by, love airports and planes anyhow : -)

To my surprise, the lights were on in the bear cave and as I pulled up the door was open.

The bear still looks the same, no engine, front & wings covered in clear plastic. Does look like the rear stabilizer has been painted from earlier reports.

I did not see an engine anywhere. So, hopefully its on the way from Texas sometime soon.

It wouldn't be the bear if we didn't have last minute stuff. Keeps it interesting.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-05-2014, 01:20 PM.

Re: 8/5 Reno Stead Airport Report

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Well, the last 3-4 weeks that I have cruised past the Bear cave, its been quiet, locked up and dark. So I thought well maybe they are feverishly working at night?

Today while running to town I cruised by, love airports and planes anyhow : -)

To my surprise, the lights were on in the bear cave and as I pulled up the door was open.

The bear still looks the same, no engine, front & wings covered in clear plastic. Does look like the rear stabilizer has been painted from earlier reports.

I did not see an engine anywhere. So, hopefully its on the way from Texas sometime soon.

It wouldn't be the bear if we didn't have last minute stuff. Keeps it interesting.

The engine is all put together from the Ezell website, finishing touches on the supercharger it appears. Should be heading to Stead within the next week or two. It's not too much of a rush yet it's only the beginning of August
    Don't worry Rod will make sure that her and 232 are ready he has the cash to guarantee they will be ready to roll.

**did not know that the stabilizers were painted yet, that's nice to know.
    **the pictures of the 3350 finished and the supercharger being worked on were posted a day or two ago. That website is updated with pics pretty frequently.
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-05-2014, 02:04 PM. Reason: Extra info..
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      The engine is all put together from the Ezell website, finishing touches on the supercharger it appears. Should be heading to Stead within the next week or two. It's not too much of a rush yet it's only the beginning of August
      Wow, engine sure looks good without all that extra old school "Bear Stuff" on it..

Ducking and running... LOL...!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank you for the report Dawg.

Comment

Working...
        X