Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oshkosh Nonstop Photos

Originally posted by laminar View Post
    14 times, every airplane should have one of those things.
    What did you do, hold it the whole night before and have 15 cups of coffee before departure?

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
      What did you do, hold it the whole night before and have 15 cups of coffee before departure?
      Arctic Cat,

Haha.

actually I was pretty nervous the night before and spent most of the night drilling checklists and procedures. The result was a lot of coffee. But I also think there is a psychological thing. With general anxiety/pressure like that around anything you can do to relieve any portion of that gets done immediately. Which is why I say every airplane should have one of these things. You don't even think about it, you just take care of it. Before I knew it I was doing it in tight formation.

I think I am approaching if not well past the TMI border, but thanks for asking.

Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post
        Arctic Cat,

Haha.

actually I was pretty nervous the night before and spent most of the night drilling checklists and procedures. The result was a lot of coffee. But I also think there is a psychological thing. With general anxiety/pressure like that around anything you can do to relieve any portion of that gets done immediately. Which is why I say every airplane should have one of these things. You don't even think about it, you just take care of it. Before I knew it I was doing it in tight formation.

I think I am approaching if not well past the TMI border, but thanks for asking.

Elliot
        No problem. I appreciate your sharing. While I have never attempted anything like that, I can relate to the nervousness part of it. I have been on a few 3-4 hour flights that I was glad get on the ground and a quick de-fill tube would have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
          No problem. I appreciate your sharing. While I have never attempted anything like that, I can relate to the nervousness part of it. I have been on a few 3-4 hour flights that I was glad get on the ground and a quick de-fill tube would have been nice.
          Thank you Artic Cat!

Comment

Elliot,

You could leave the relief tube in and use to your advantage during the races.

I look forward to seeing Wasabi up close here in a month.

Thanks,

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Congratulations to the Wasabi team for making the out and back trip to Oshkosh, no doubt a great test for Reno. The pictures look AWESOME!!!! It is certainly easy to see the wing that utilized the NXT kit wing molds and hardware, and nice to see another, most likely Patricia made, NXT horizontal and elevators out there! We look forward to seeing more pictures of Wasabi, racing with the NXT wing!!! We wish the team the best of luck this year at Reno, and we think the wing and horizontal, as well as the rest of your work will serve you well again this year!!! Are these pictures going to be published?
              GOOD LUCK!!!

Jon, Patricia, and the entire Nemesis Air Racing Team!

Comment

Working...
              X