Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh Nonstop Photos

Default Re: Oshkosh Nonstop Photos

Quote Originally Posted by glider90 View Post
    The arrival of you guys Monday was one of the cooler sights of the week, knowing what you were attempting to get there. It was cool to see you arrive and count out the planes as they did a tail chase arrival. The high speed pass and pull up with the Siren looked really good!
    The Wasabi Siren tent talk was also very well presented. I still wonder how you repaid the Thunderbirds for their special guest appearance...

Glider90,

Thank you for that comment about our arrival. Flying the little airplane that Jenn and I built over Oshkosh would have been cool enough, but a hot pass inside the TFR with Kyle Franklin on the line warming up in his Dracula, oh be still my heart. What a day!!

Also thank you for attending our Siren talk. It was a strange experience to share so much about our little airplane so publicly and I am glad you dug it. Hopefully people walked away thinking, "I can do that!", so we can all see more cool airplanes around.

Thanks again for the comments.

Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by laminar View Post
    Also thank you for attending our Siren talk. It was a strange experience to share so much about our little airplane so publicly and I am glad you dug it. Hopefully people walked away thinking, "I can do that!", so we can all see more cool airplanes around.
    Elliot
    Any chance you've video of that talk? I'd love to see it.

Oshkosh is a bucket list thing for me. Due to the closeness of Reno and Oshkosh, I've always been forced to chose one or the other (RENO has been the winner each time).

I do hope that someone has video and that it will posted soon.

Good luck in Reno, Elliot.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyKidChris View Post
    Any chance you've video of that talk? I'd love to see it.

Oshkosh is a bucket list thing for me. Due to the closeness of Reno and Oshkosh, I've always been forced to chose one or the other (RENO has been the winner each time).

I do hope that someone has video and that it will posted soon.

Good luck in Reno, Elliot.
    FlyKidChris,

Thank you for your enthusiasm.

I understand about not being able to do both. Growing up my dad would only let me do Oshkosh, because Reno was during the school year.

We did not video the talk at Oshkosh. There has been some talk of doing the pitch again at Scaled, and usually we video tape those. It probably won't happen before Reno but there is a chance.

Thanks again!

Elliot

....come on...give it up...

......how many times was the releif tube used??????
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Quote Originally Posted by mayday51 View Post
    ....come on...give it up...

......how many times was the releif tube used??????
    14 times, every airplane should have one of those things.

14 times, every airplane should have one of those things.
    What did you do, hold it the whole night before and have 15 cups of coffee before departure?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cat View Post
    What did you do, hold it the whole night before and have 15 cups of coffee before departure?
    Arctic Cat,

Haha.

actually I was pretty nervous the night before and spent most of the night drilling checklists and procedures. The result was a lot of coffee. But I also think there is a psychological thing. With general anxiety/pressure like that around anything you can do to relieve any portion of that gets done immediately. Which is why I say every airplane should have one of these things. You don't even think about it, you just take care of it. Before I knew it I was doing it in tight formation.

I think I am approaching if not well past the TMI border, but thanks for asking.

Elliot

Arctic Cat,

Haha.

actually I was pretty nervous the night before and spent most of the night drilling checklists and procedures. The result was a lot of coffee. But I also think there is a psychological thing. With general anxiety/pressure like that around anything you can do to relieve any portion of that gets done immediately. Which is why I say every airplane should have one of these things. You don't even think about it, you just take care of it. Before I knew it I was doing it in tight formation.

I think I am approaching if not well past the TMI border, but thanks for asking.

Elliot
    No problem. I appreciate your sharing. While I have never attempted anything like that, I can relate to the nervousness part of it. I have been on a few 3-4 hour flights that I was glad get on the ground and a quick de-fill tube would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cat View Post
    No problem. I appreciate your sharing. While I have never attempted anything like that, I can relate to the nervousness part of it. I have been on a few 3-4 hour flights that I was glad get on the ground and a quick de-fill tube would have been nice.
    Thank you Artic Cat!

Wink Re: Oshkosh Nonstop Photos

Elliot,

You could leave the relief tube in and use to your advantage during the races.

I look forward to seeing Wasabi up close here in a month.

Thanks,

Dave
    Dave