Wingman quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingman quiz

How many past and future Gold Race winners (people and airplanes) can you name here.

Of course Speedy and Shawn are excluded for now...

Neal

Re: Wingman quiz

4 (McClain,Crocker,Destefani,and Shelton...well depending on the year, it might be Holm in #69) Planes: Precious Metal,Jeannie,Sumpthin' Else,Manga Pane, and Rare Bear.
    Last edited by V1670; 07-19-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

can I play..... lol
      Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
      RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Go for it, Randy! Good to hear from you! V1670's answer was unsatisfying...

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
          4 (McClain,Crocker,Destefani,and Shelton...well depending on the year, it might be Holm in #69) Planes: Precious Metal,Jeannie,Sumpthin' Else,Manga Pane, and Rare Bear.
          I think that's 1981's Friday Gold, so that would be Holm and Hevle with Crocker and Shelton.

Comment

Mac McClain, Race 69 Jeannie, Lyle Shelton, Race 77 Rare Bear, Tiger Destefani Race 7 Manga Pana, John Crocker, Race 6,Somthin Else.?

Frank C.
            Last edited by Frank C.; 07-23-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

FlyKidChris is closest so far, with one detail wrong. He did not name the airplanes, either, but they should be pretty obvious.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                FlyKidChris is closest so far, with one detail wrong. He did not name the airplanes, either, but they should be pretty obvious.

Neal
                I was offering - to the best of my recollection - a quick correction to the post by V1670.

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
                I think that's 1981's Friday Gold, so that would be Holm and Hevle with Crocker and Shelton.
                So, for a fuller or more complete answer, from left to right, Whittington in Precious Metal #09, Holm in Jeannie #69, Crocker in Sumthin Else #6, Hevle in Manga Pane #72 and Shelton in Rare Bear #77.

What did I miss?

Comment

My apologies! I had missed that you said Friday's Gold, and thought you just said the Gold Race. That's the detail I thought you'd missed. So yours was indeed the correct answer.

Sorry.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                    My apologies! I had missed that you said Friday's Gold, and thought you just said the Gold Race. That's the detail I thought you'd missed. So yours was indeed the correct answer.

Sorry.

Neal
                    Thanks, Neal. I was really scratching my head over your first reply - but with the knowledge that the older I get, the less I know.

Blue skies,
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
                      Thanks, Neal. I was really scratching my head over your first reply - but with the knowledge that the older I get, the less I know.

Blue skies,
                      Chris
                      …and Chris is definitely getting older!

See you there!

Sam
                      Biplane Race #3

Comment

Working...
                      X