Theres Going To Be Another Flying B29 Soon "Doc"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres Going To Be Another Flying B29 Soon "Doc"

Great news another flying B29 coming soon.

Funny, my buddy and me were just talking about FiFi yesterday over some beers. I mentioned the last time we almost had a flyable B29 was the Kee Bird that burned to the ground shortly before take off in 1996.

I'm sure everyone working on Doc has been reminded of Kee Bird's unfortunate fate.

Hopefully Doc will travel like FiFi?

Re: Theres Going To Be Another Flying B29 Soon "Doc"

mmm-mmm, and in polished natural metal !! WOW!

Comment

Off topic...Does Reno-Stead have a B-29 friendly runway, or did Fifi have to stage out of a larger airport when she appeared at the races years ago?

If RARA is looking for airshow attractions for future years, I would love to hear (8) R-3350's in formation

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
        Off topic...Does Reno-Stead have a B-29 friendly runway, or did Fifi have to stage out of a larger airport when she appeared at the races years ago?

If RARA is looking for airshow attractions for future years, I would love to hear (8) R-3350's in formation
        No problem, FiFi was here in 1997 on display.

How about including couple B17s, B24s, B25,' etc. it would take weeks to wipe away the smile from our faces.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 07-17-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

My understanding is the cost to 'display' at Reno is somewhat excessive. I know it kept a certain B-25 from do so in years past.

Bob

Comment

A very big WOW from me!!! this is awesome news. Had no idea there was another in the pipes..
            Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!!! That is AWESOME!
              I knew of "DOC" in Witchita, KS. I actually saw it in person several years ago when I was visiting friends.
              I bought a "DOC" t-shirt to help the cause. In fact, I just wore my "DOC" t-shirt last Monday.
              At the time I saw it in person it was sitting outside..... far from completion. I had heard they ran out of money to continue the restoration.
              I have a bunch of pictures of it sitting outside.
              Now they are saying it will fly this Fall?!?!?!?! EXCELLENT! I hope they get "FI FI" and "DOC" up in the air for some photo shoots!
              GREAT NEWS!

Comment

Oh MAN! Been waiting for this for a long time.

Comment

Beautiful! I was at Watsonville a number of years ago and donated some dollars to the restoration. Good to see their work paying off.

Comment

will dock have the same engine configuration Fifi had to go to for better engine life did they make that a mandatory deal or are they just going to run the old stuff you can't get parts for anymore

Comment

Originally posted by h34race View Post
                      will dock have the same engine configuration Fifi had to go to for better engine life did they make that a mandatory deal or are they just going to run the old stuff you can't get parts for anymore
                      Doc has the same engines as "FIFI". Built by Ray Anderson of Idaho. Doc also has all new custom exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                      X