Battle of britain movie planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of britain movie planes

I just found this movie at a model airplane site showing a collection of Me-109 from the movie Battle of Britain here is a link:

I think you will like it.
    J.V.

Re: Battle of britain movie planes

Originally posted by F4D Phantom II View Post
    I just found this movie at a model airplane site showing a collection of Me-109 from the movie Battle of Britain here is a link:

I think you will like it.
    J.V.
    All of them for sale on Platinum Fighters where Strega is for sale. Gorgeous planes I wish I had the money to buy any of them! Dual control Me-109 and a gorgeous p-51 that is completely original in military configuration. Hasn't been flown since 1983 I think I read, 1.5 million for a gorgeous Stang. It'll be in my dreams the next couple days
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

WELL worth your time:

Warbird pilot and owner, Connell "Connie" Edwards, is preparing to sell his rare collection of Bf-109s, Spitfire Mk IX and P-51. Connie is renown for his…

Comment

I would have thought the Soplata collection would have been that last sale like this to to ever be possible...Very Cool...Love the quote "never take an IOU from any movies"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
          ...Love the quote "never take an IOU from any movies"
          Yes, great quote. Connie Edwards is no one's fool.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
            WELL worth your time:

http://vimeo.com/99991680
            Thanks for the link, very interesting.

Sure a a lot of spare engines.

Just amazing the stuff that can still be found in the "old barns out yonder"

Comment

[QUOTE=Desertdawg;119187]Just amazing the stuff that can still be found in the "old barns out yonder"
              /QUOTE]

It's not really that much of a surprise. Most of the warbird world has known of Connie's toys for decades, it's just that he wasn't interested in selling. It wasn't enough for someone to come make an offer on his equipment, you also had to show that you had the additional means for sustained operations and maintenance, and that usually scared off any potential buyers.

I think most everyone was just waiting him out knowing that when he sold it, he was going to sell it all off at once. I'm just glad to see that he's selling it under his terms, and not because it's part of settling his estate.

Interestingly enough, if you have the DVD of Battle of Britain, there is a bonus film called The Battle for the Battle of Britain and it talks about Connie, Gerald Martin, Lloyd Nolan and Lefty Gardner buying that Spitfire and those four Buchons. At the time everyone thought he was nuts to take all those 'worthless' Spanish 109's. Guess he had the last laugh.

His Mustang is something else...it is probably the most 'original' P-51 around today, as it is exactly how it was when he got it from the Guatemalan Air Force. It looks 'ratty', but it's a real warbird with all the original equipment on it. I'll be interested to see if the PBY and the Albatross and some of his other toys go up for sale too.

Comment

Working...
              X