X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bear Cave Mystery and Intrigue

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    Build an engine would be a start
    I don't know if an engine can be built that's powerful enough to make RB as fast as the super fast Mustangs. Those like Dago (when it was still racing) and Strega were/are faster than RB has ever been, and I think Precious Metal may be getting there too...RB may have already reached the max airspeeds that its airframe is capable of, aerodynamically speaking, whereas the Mustangs are so sleek, they just keep getting faster. We'll have to see what team RB comes up with, but their days of dominating the sport may be behind them now...
    Last edited by grampi; 07-03-2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Grampi,
      I understand from other threads that you are a Mustang fan. However RB set the 3km speed record and that hasn't been beaten, And the airframe has the potential to be faster than any Mustang.
      My hat is off to Voodoo and Strega and Dago for the programs that they have developed and maintained.

Having been privy to the ins and outs I can say that the RB camp has had more than it's share of bad luck. (This encompasses everything) The Mustangs have been able to put together the whole package and have been damn successful in doing so.
      If the equivalent program had been developed/maintained for RB this conversation wouldn't be happening.

It all falls under Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda.

Go PM!!

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
        I don't know if an engine can be built that's powerful enough to make RB as fast as the super fast Mustangs. Those like Dago (when it was still racing) and Strega were/are faster than RB has ever been, and I think Precious Metal may be getting there too...RB may have already reached the max airspeeds that its airframe is capable of, aerodynamically speaking, whereas the Mustangs are so sleek, they just keep getting faster. We'll have to see what team RB comes up with, but their days of dominating the sport may be behind them now...
        You don't think the Bear was haulin ass when this happened? It was, can, and will be done again!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Bear & Dago.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	227681

Comment

I miss the three blade days. Faster I'm not sure, but the sound was amazing!
          Brad
          Windy Hill GA83

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
            You don't think the Bear was haulin ass when this happened? It was, can, and will be done again!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20715[/ATTACH]
            Considering that pic is from one of the Nellis demo races, that's not really a fair statement.

Comment

Wondering why "The Bear" is on a trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                Last year through the door?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20712[/ATTACH]

Looking back through the other pics yes you are correct, the big door lower windows were cover.
                This picture appears to have been taken last year before the trip to Texas, (1) no cowling intake was installed yet, and (2) the wing inlets were still existing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                  Build an engine would be a start
                  Agreed! Fresh paint isn't going to help the BEAR be competitive... they need a RACE engine!

Comment

Ahh the selective memory of Grampi returns!

Is this what people who never saw Micheal Jordan play and try and say Kobe is better are like?

Comment

Funny thing about the thread.

I was kidding when I said it was getting painted.

Sounds like it is actually getting new paint.

Rear stabs to purple.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                        Funny thing about the thread.

I was kidding when I said it was getting painted.

Sounds like it is actually getting new paint.

Rear stabs to purple.
                        Wait.... So no more candy corn???
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Thats what Taichi said.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                            Ahh the selective memory of Grampi returns!

Is this what people who never saw Micheal Jordan play and try and say Kobe is better are like?
                            Check the record books...RB has never broken the 500 MPH barrier at Reno...Dago and Strega have done it several times...

Comment

Check the record books...RB has never broken the 500 MPH barrier at Reno...Dago and Strega have done it several times...
                              If I remember correctly, Dago & Rare Bear both went faster than 500 in that great Friday heat race (year??)
                              Dago was faster that day.

Comment

Originally posted by JayReno View Post
                                If I remember correctly, Dago & Rare Bear both went faster than 500 in that great Friday heat race (year??)
                                Dago was faster that day.
                                Info From RARA site.
                                Unlimited race record. 2003, Gold Heat 2-A, Dago Red, Skip Holm, 507mph.

Comment

Working...
                                X