Anti-climactic, except for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-climactic, except for me

I couldn't stand it any more! And to make matters worse the anouncer's threw it in my face every morning this year. Mike Brown stole the life I was destined to have!
    Between watching the races since '87, and being a long time aerobat fan.... I (finally) took my first lesson, my instructor says I'm a natural. (pure will).

Chris
    Attached Files

Congratulations! Something I think many of us think about but for whatever reason, never get around to...

Congratulations!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Anti-climactic, except for me

Originally posted by Chris300s
      I couldn't stand it any more! And to make matters worse the anouncer's threw it in my face every morning this year. Mike Brown stole the life I was destined to have!
      Between watching the races since '87, and being a long time aerobat fan.... I (finally) took my first lesson, my instructor says I'm a natural. (pure will).

Chris
      Chris, just found your old post, was wondering if you continued on with the flight training and if so, how far along you are with it?

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Wayne,

I sure have, although it's a little slow going with money & poor Michigan weather. I've got 15 hours in my book, was ready to solo at 8-9 hours, finished the pre-solo exam. Getting my medical done is holding me up. I haven't had much time between work & school, a vacation to Mardi-Gras.

So, I was shooting touch and goes on 23 right at Willow Run (yes I feel cool) when my instructor and I started arguing about glide slope and technique. I end up flairing too high and bouncing the 152 in from about 5 feet. It bounds back into the air skidding to the left and dropping the left wing. I slam the throttle forward to increase the noise, stomp right rudder and fly out. Turning downwind I radio the tower requesting permission to save my ego. The tower instructs me to try 23 right, there's a truck on 23 left, to see if "you left any parts behind".

Comment

Originally posted by Chris300s
          So, I was shooting touch and goes on 23 right at Willow Run (yes I feel cool) when my instructor and I started arguing about glide slope and technique. I end up flairing too high and bouncing the 152 in from about 5 feet <--snip--> there's a truck on 23 left, to see if "you left any parts behind".
          LOL!!! You just made my morning!

Good to hear you're still at it.... and still with us!!

Keep us informed!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Mine once asked me, after a particularly badly botched approach and bounced landing solo in an Ask-21, how many landings I was logging.....
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I just got back from flying this morning. Winds, 340 @ 10, Unlimited Vis. Every day that I fly in the morning is the beginning of my best day yet. Today we did Chandells, slips down 1000 and 45deg. 360's.
              Just when I'm thinking that life couldn't get any better, there's a big birthday party rolling out at the EAA hangar for a kid who turned 16 today and is picking up his ticket. So, it could be better but it's pretty damn good.

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X