Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official or otherwise Unlimiteds for 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official or otherwise Unlimiteds for 2014?

Originally posted by omalley1537 View Post
    Without revealing any secrets, what did you guys determine to have gone south on last year's new engine during the test run?
    Main bearing.

Comment

Re: 2014 UNLTD Entries

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
      The first page of the entry form and payment are due on Friday, July 20, 2014. I am cetain RARA will announce the entries ASAP. Then no more guessing, right?
      Betty
      What exactly does this so-called "ASAP" mean?

Hope they're announced soon I'm tired of guessing!
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'm sure it's been a challenging year for the new folks handling the press and public relations for RARA... Certainly, I've seen some mistakes made, which I will not point out at this time, but, I can tell you, they ARE trying to get the information flow going in a very positive and fluid way..

I really do hate to portray myself as someone who has done this or that so should be listened to..BUT... (we all have one after all) I can tell you that, personally, having been in complete control of what the world saw online, for a very big military airshow held in Las Vegas for a few years, was an extremely challenging position!

For one, you can't just publish what you KNOW is going to be official information, until it's sent to you to be published.. if, as the webmaster of this sort of thing, you did what a "newsman" would do, you got da story, ya publish the damn thing! You would not last long in that webmaster position! They guy in charge of a given website for an entity such as this event has to be only a spokesman and can only publish what he/she is told to publish.. sometimes, getting "official" approval to put what needs to be put up can be a nightmare of red tape.

Anyway, I don't want to make excuses for whomever is in charge of promoting the races this year.. I've been in the middle of two F/U's regarding them, so far, this year... However, I do know that the "powers that be" are trying the best they can, with what they have, to present us with the best air races ever...

Gotta deal with the trauma of the somewhat sudden exorcism this past year of the main force which handled all this stuff in the past.. I'm not quite sure that the replacements knew what they were getting into...

Can assure you, though, all of them are doing the best they can... ....
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Did that reply seem that I had a bunch of marbles in my "mouth"??
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            A bit, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              Never mind. The best of all for me is that Reno Air Races are still alive.
              Some time ago there was a great doubt regarding its continuity, and today we are still enjoying it thanks to the effort of many people. IMHO.

Comment

Jim Tobul posted on his Corsair facebook page that she's done and ready for flight testing. Looks promising!
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                X