Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiger Is Back

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
    Strega - N71FT for sale at (951)-258-4205 www.platinumfighters.com.
    How long has that been out there?
    looks like last October

1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
      Strega - N71FT for sale at (951)-258-4205 www.platinumfighters.com.
      How long has that been out there?
      Not sure of the "why" but it's not unusual for racers to be "for sale".. I'm thinking some of the costs of racing can be written off as "promotional" expenses for the sale of the racer. For instance, Steadfast was listed as for sale for many years, while racing... yes, it did, eventually, sell.... so.. I may be all wet!!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Has the press conference video been released yet?
        Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Not sure of the "why" but it's not unusual for racers to be "for sale".. I'm thinking some of the costs of racing can be written off as "promotional" expenses for the sale of the racer. For instance, Steadfast was listed as for sale for many years, while racing... yes, it did, eventually, sell.... so.. I may be all wet!!

Heck, Button has had Voodoo for sale for 16 years. The price just wasn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            Has the press conference video been released yet?
            Crap, I hope I'm not right... I'm pretty sure I watched the RARA cameraman having issues... (still plugging in cords, looking lost when conference started.. heck, get there half hour early, right?)

I do have it on audio, quality sort of sucks, I assumed the PA system would be enough from the front row and just recorded from there.. no joy.. but, I do have it on audio, it was priceless! I sincerely hope that the footage is made public. BTW, at least two other video sources were there, local news, I think....

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

A little bit of footage here: http://www.ktvn.com/story/25765789/r...here-this-year

Is this the first time RARA has had a press conference like this?
              Random Air Blog

Comment

A little bit of footage here: http://www.ktvn.com/story/25765789/r...here-this-year

Is this the first time RARA has had a press conference like this?
                "I'm a little better ..."

Great stuff
                1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

It may well be a "first" in that, I feel that RARA was trying to build excitement with a more identifiable "young" branding with the theme of this event.

For sure, Steve and Tiger went for it with flair!

I think there was a glitch with RARA's complete recording of the event, too bad, I'd have gotten it on my cell phone! But there were numerous "big guns" on scene, and I figured, it was covered..

I've got a bunch of stills, and a full audio recording that I can dig through, play with segment volume levels, and maybe put together a slide show type thing..

I'm pretty far behind the modern crap these days I gotta admit.. You guys have watched me go from a "pioneer" doing some of the first real time internet reporting from RENO, to ... crap, you're all ahead of me with your smart phones!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                    I'm pretty far behind the modern crap these days I gotta admit.. You guys have watched me go from a "pioneer" doing some of the first real time internet reporting from RENO, to ... crap, you're all ahead of me with your smart phones!
                    Thats ok Wayne, we still love you.
                    Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by comancheflyer View Post
                      "I'm a little better ..."

Great stuff
                      That was absolutely hilarious!!!

I'd love to see/hear more!

Comment

The Stevo Tiger rivalry reminds me of a rivalry that never was: Leeward Challenges Tiger

I'll give Tiger Destefani $10,000 cash if he'll climb back into Strega and let me race him in the Galloping Ghost. That's how badly I want to beat him and that airplane.
                        We will see come September!
                        Random Air Blog

Comment

The Stevo Tiger rivalry reminds me of a rivalry that never was: Leeward Challenges Tiger

We will see come September!
                          and there's nothing funny about that!
                          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Working...
                          X