PRS Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRS Tuesday

So I guess the question would be at what position could Tiger qualify with the stock engine. 2nd position sounds reasonable unless Bear does really well in qualifying, then maybe 3rd. Chasing down Stevo from 2nd or 3rd would be a lot more do-able then from last position. Oh boy - this is sounding really really interesting ...
    1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

After spending some time with Tiger Steve and Smoot today, I think it's pretty fair bet that Tiger will have some sort of race engine program on tap by race week..

I'll tell you what though, you got to watch that press conference! The smack talk between Tiger and Steve was priceless! There's a comment in there somewhere where Steve says something like Tiger's eyes are so bad that he can follow Steve around so he can see the course... good stuff!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Strega second with a stock motor??? Y'all been smoking some good stuff here!

More like 5th or so if all the players from last year turn up.

Neal

Comment

Any News on "Cub Races" ??

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
            Strega second with a stock motor??? Y'all been smoking some good stuff here!

More like 5th or so if all the players from last year turn up.

Neal
            Yeah - I'm sure you are right. I guess I was giving a little too much credit to all her aerodynamic mods vs lots and lots of just plain horsepower for a decent qualifying run. I'll behave and put my bowl away ...
            1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

Originally posted by comancheflyer View Post
              Yeah - I'm sure you are right. I guess I was giving a little too much credit to all her aerodynamic mods vs lots and lots of just plain horsepower for a decent qualifying run. I'll behave and put my bowl away ...
              the current engine is good for stock power and to get home.

This is as good as any time to remind fans that after 40 years of racing, from the Red baron days through Strega in 2013, I have made the decision to retire from racing. I have other projects that are even more challenging and exciting, and will focus on those.
              MIKE NIXON

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks for the input.. what you just said is why I originally posted the "stock engine" subject matter... We have the stage set, Tiger versus "the kid"... show biz extraordinaire! but... can Tiger produce a race engine?

THAT remains the question.. IMHO
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well, kudos to RARA for the positive way they have chosen to fight back at all the talk of the Unlimited class being dead. If nothing else, they've revived flagging interest in this year's event. Whether there's any real substance behind all the theatricality, I guess we'll all find out come September!

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                    But........nothing else out there flying now, other than a race motored Voodoo could beat Strega a stocker.
                    I hear the sounds of stifled laughter... coming from the direction of Florida.

Maybe a little bit from north Texas, too, but its hard to tell.

It IS an interesting exercise to think about where a super-slick airframe might fall with "stock" power. We've seen where a "stock" (ish) Mustang can run with race power (Ridge Runner), but its been a while since we've seen the inverse. I don't question that Strega would be quite fast on stock power, but I think there are several out there flying now that could win that race.
                    Last edited by 440_Magnum; 06-13-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
                      I hear the sounds of stifled laughter... coming from the direction of Florida.
                      as well as Texas/Stead

Go Bear.

Comment

I think Czech Mate might have a thing or two to say about that as well.

Comment

...and 232
                          Sky Critter

Comment

See if this can focus someones memory out there. If I remember correctly, didn't Jimmy Leeward bring what was named at the time race number "X" Specter to Reno with a stock engine and qualify at 426?

Comment

Didn't Voodoo run with a stock motor after they grenaded the race motor early in the week a few years back?

Comment

All a moot point now. Sounds as though Tiger is leaving without getting qualified.

Comment

Working...
                                X