Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRS Tuesday

Originally posted by Reever View Post
    Honest question. Has Tiger ever showed up to race with a stock motor?
    Yes, several years running, it was sitting on the back of the trailer waiting to be used to "go home"!

For sure, I don't have all the information but, far as I know, and what I know is purely vaporware until confirmed, Tiger does not have anyone available, or the funds necessary to field a race motor...

Guess that opens up the question, could Tiger beat Steven Hinton racing a stock motor in Strega?

Oh the drama!

Just proves, there's always something brewing down here that will make you shake your head and wonder what to hell just happened!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Didn't a few years ago Tiger say he was quitting racing Strega and here he is now as a student? Do we really think Tiger is not gonna try to kick Stevo's a$$ this year? Steve Hinton flew at the Minter air show last year and from the sound of it, I really doubt there was a stock engine in her at the time. If they have a race engine at an air show I think the races are a for sure. Can anyone confirm that Strega is stock at PRS right now?
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        could Tiger beat Steven Hinton racing a stock motor in Strega?
        NO

I think the master is there to make the former student really earn a victory this year and he won't have a "stock" motor. Tiger wanted some competition and now he's got it. No one else has been in the 500 Club for a long time. With the new course layout is that Club extinct now?

GP

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
          Honest question. Has Tiger ever showed up to race with a stock motor?
          I don't think Strega has ever started the week with a "stock" motor, but he has finished out the week with one a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            Didn't a few years ago Tiger say he was quitting racing Strega and here he is now as a student? Do we really think Tiger is not gonna try to kick Stevo's a$$ this year? Steve Hinton flew at the Minter air show last year and from the sound of it, I really doubt there was a stock engine in her at the time. If they have a race engine at an air show I think the races are a for sure. Can anyone confirm that Strega is stock at PRS right now?
            Well, I don't know much. But She did have a little puddle under the cooling door. I would bet that even a stock motor would require supplemental cooing given the fast radiator set up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	STREGA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	227664
            "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
              Well, I don't know much. But She did have a little puddle under the cooling door. I would bet that even a stock motor would require supplemental cooing given the fast radiator set up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20671[/ATTACH]
              Thanks for the pic, nice to see her
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
                NO

I think the master is there to make the former student really earn a victory this year and he won't have a "stock" motor. Tiger wanted some competition and now he's got it. No one else has been in the 500 Club for a long time. With the new course layout is that Club extinct now?

GP
                I also say no way, Tiger would need a full-on race motor to actually beat Steve.

It's also hard to believe that he would race with a stock motor. I understand not having the funds for a race motor, but it's still a long time till September!

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  Guess that opens up the question, could Tiger beat Steven Hinton racing a stock motor in Strega?
                  Do you mean could Tiger with a stock motor in Strega beat Steven Hinton with a race motor in Voodoo?

The answer is no, a stock motor Strega could not beat a race motor in Voodoo.

But........nothing else out there flying now, other than a race motored Voodoo could beat Strega a stocker.

Voodoo breaks and Tiger doesn't, Tiger wins another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                    Do you mean could Tiger with a stock motor in Strega beat Steven Hinton with a race motor in Voodoo?

The answer is no, a stock motor Strega could not beat a race motor in Voodoo.

But........nothing else out there flying now, other than a race motored Voodoo could beat Strega a stocker.

Voodoo breaks and Tiger doesn't, Tiger wins another one.
                    and THAT.... is exactly why we will come this September, just to see... "what iff?"....

It's always different, but it's always, September in RENO!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I assume he still has the race motor from last year.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                        I assume he still has the race motor from last year.

Brian
                        Needs a full re-build though.

Comment

Tiger does not have anyone available, or the funds necessary to field a race motor...
                          Hmmm. How many times have we heard that, right up until his first quali attempt...

Tiger in a healthy Strega (not bagging on MJ in the least) against Stevo in a healthy Voodoo? THAT would be a truly epic race.
                          Chances of that happening?
                          "call me when Elvis arrives".
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

RARA Facebook page just reported...Tiger will race Strega in September. Press conference with him and Steven H. will be posted soon.

https://www.facebook.com/RenoAirRacingAssociation
                            "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                              RARA Facebook page just reported...Tiger will race Strega in September. Press conference with him and Steven H. will be posted soon.

Just to clarify a few things. Tiger is at Pylon school to qualify to fly Strega. 2) The aircraft has the stock engine in it at this time. 3) No Strega will not be competitive with the stock motor. It will not out run the Bear or Checkmate without the race motor. 4) Never count Tiger out however. There are still a couple months to go before the race. He very well could get race motor back in the plane by then. 5) The race motor only had 8 hard laps run on her last year. We count on running 25 hard laps, so the motor surely has a few hard laps left in her. Tiger could start the event on the ferry motor and wait until after qualifying to put the race motor in her. He could lay back all week and thrash her on Sunday. Probably not the best idea, but certainly doable in a pinch. The plane last year was clearly faster then Voodoo. I made up 5 seconds in 8 laps and 5 of the laps was with a broken rocker arm. This year however might be a different picture. Stevo and crew have been working to get Voodoo dialed in. Stevo has taken some secrets from the Strega camp and put them on Voodoo.Andy Chiavetta just finished the new induction trunk. Propeller blade cuff seals just to name a few. Stevo has been working on straightening out the handling on Voodoo. We very well could have a new fastest Mustang this year. Button has spent the money for sure. He smells another victory. So Voodoo clearly is the one to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post

Oh man was that press conference priceless! The Tiger D and Steve H show!

I've got audio but it's poor quality (volume very low) There were a ton of motion cameras there, I believe one was RARA's so that would probably be the one that will be on the web.. I'll see what I can do to get the volume bumped and upload ASAP....
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X