Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Tuesday

Cruised by Stead to see who's here.

Quite a few jets, sport planes, 5 x T6s. No unlimiteds as of 1 pm.

Does that mean our unlimited field will be similar to last year?

Last edited by Desertdawg; 06-10-2014, 02:10 PM.

Re: PRS Tuesday

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Cruised by Stead to see who's here.

Quite a few jets, sport planes, 5 x T6s. No unlimiteds as of 1 pm.

Does that mean our unlimited field will be similar to last year?

RARA said at least 3 confirmed Unlimiteds for PRS and the Sawbones website expects the typical 21 this year. I think the turn out will be similar to 2012 I would say. Regarding the jets, already 21 race Numbers have been claimed so it looks like a huge year for the jets, 7 planes up from last years field. Just wait and see on the Unlimiteds it's only Tuesday
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Oh and to make this a little more fun, RARA just posted a list of the participants at PRS so that will answer questions. Only problem is there isn't a link to this list.... If anyone finds it please post!
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Well, I see that... per the RARA website and Facebook
        Full list of Pylong Racing Seminar Participants now available
        (I am assuming they meant Pylon and not Pylong )
        However, I can't seem to find that list anywhere - so sadly , I can't help ya
        Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
          Well, I see that... per the RARA website and Facebook

(I am assuming they meant Pylon and not Pylong )
          However, I can't seem to find that list anywhere - so sadly , I can't help ya
          Guess it's a waiting game for now
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            Guess it's a waiting game for now
            so while we're waiting..........

what's a pylong?
            Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
              so while we're waiting..........

what's a pylong?
              I would guess it's an error that they will hopefully be fixing within the next half hour. Oh along with adding the link to the second most important list next to the participants in September!!!!!!
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

mmm - just heard an unconfirmed rumor that a Tiger might be on the loose at prs - how cool would that be?
                1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

RARA said at least 3 confirmed Unlimiteds for PRS and the Sawbones website expects the typical 21 this year. I think the turn out will be similar to 2012 I would say. Regarding the jets, already 21 race Numbers have been claimed so it looks like a huge year for the jets, 7 planes up from last years field. Just wait and see on the Unlimiteds it's only Tuesday
                  Definately more jets, some good looking ones at that. Seems like more are based here year round.

The last two years have produced some really good jet races, ones where you stand up and take notice. This year should be fantastic. The sport class isn't far behind in raising the excitement level. Use to be years ago we heard Rare Bear and a variety of warbirds testing through out the year.

Now the next generation is filling the void. A week doesn't go by without jets or the thunder mustangs being up.
                  Last edited by Desertdawg; 06-10-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Yeah Tiger is bringing Strega this year fellas…..
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

TIGER, PUT SKIP IN THE #7 STEED STREGA.

Comment

Originally posted by gjp76 View Post
                        TIGER, PUT SKIP IN THE #7 STEED STREGA.
                        Skip would have to go to PRS to be allowed to race. He isn't there, so he won't be racing anything. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                          Skip would have to go to PRS to be allowed to race. He isn't there, so he won't be racing anything. Period.
                          just like one of my favorite t-shirts says that "old guys rule" ...

Show them how its done Tiger!
                          1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

They only said three unlimited rookies on facebook, so not all of them will have a plane? My guess is they are going to use Dreadnought? to qualify in?

Interesting to note that of the attendees, three have airplanes that have had accidents since Reno last year.
                            Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                              They only said three unlimited rookies on facebook, so not all of them will have a plane? My guess is they are going to use Dreadnought? to qualify in?

Interesting to note that of the attendees, three have airplanes that have had accidents since Reno last year.
                              I've thought about it and put a little search into it also. Dreadnought still may not be fixed from the accident and I would think that it would say that Dennis (it's Dennis on the list if I remember correctly) is bringing dreadnought as all the other classes have instructors that say "bringing *insert plane here*". I have no idea what they're gonna qualify in and why is Rod brining the Cat? Just to practice in it again? Guess we will have to wait and see..! One of the rookies (name slipping my mind) owns a corsair apparently and does aerobatics with it. I imagine he will be racing that come September. Hopefully Matthews brings his corsair that would be fun bent wing racing!!
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X