OT: Went for a ride on Fifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Went for a ride on Fifi

Fifi was in Santa Maria, CA this week. Haven't seen her in 35 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UW2A8686.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	241779

Photos from the flight here:

No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Re: OT: Went for a ride on Fifi

Rad! Thanks for pics dude.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Frank C.

Comment

I was the bombardier at KWJF! We did a 180 turn over Mojave to show-off a little and returned to Fox Field for a break to land! She IS a beautiful beast!
        Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Excellent stuff, Robert.

Now that's bug smashing in style!

Comment

I'm looking forward to flying on Fifi tomorrow. I just got home from shooting some night shots of Fifi this evening. I think I got some good stuff.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
              I'm looking forward to flying on Fifi tomorrow. I just got home from shooting some night shots of Fifi this evening. I think I got some good stuff.

Will
              What position do you get to fly? I once wiped some oil from Fifi on my finger, then on a sock.. still had that sucker for a very long time.

Are they out at Minden?
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB View Post
                I was the bombardier at KWJF! We did a 180 turn over Mojave to show-off a little and returned to Fox Field for a break to land! She IS a beautiful beast!
                If anyone with skilz knows how to get rid of the hack that I put in years ago when adsense first started.. it was in response to the infamous "burn baby burn" ad campaign by a major computer hardware player.. AdSense was new, it was/is "contextual', it serves ads based on what the content of a given page is showing. A good idea, focuses one's interests...<yawn> it was an AI (artificial intelligence) thing, in its infancy, works well now but then??

The ad campaign was something like "burn baby burn" you know, that was in the day of burning mp3 disks.. Remember, the algo on this new thing is to match ad units to page content.. so, a major newspaper website ran a story about a house fire in which a very young human was killed...

Yea.. the story ran on the site, the ad ran with the campaign copy right there, above the horrible story about the death...

From then on, became the dreaded "public service" ad syndrome with adsense.. if you had words like "bomb" "fire".. yadda yadda, you got the dreaded cause of the day ads showing on the site..

The work-around, was to do an add/replace hack that replaced certain words in text, with the same word in an image insert.. I mean, you SEE the right text message, but the AI didn't catch the buzz word..

Again, this is ancient science and I just can't find where to undo what I did years ago and get rid of the damn replace thingie!

LOL!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  What position do you get to fly? I once wiped some oil from Fifi on my finger, then on a sock.. still had that sucker for a very long time.

Are they out at Minden?
                  I was in the waist gunner position. I got a few pics, but I left my brain on the ground and was trying to shoot at 1/40 sec hand held in a moving plane... Perhaps not the best settings for sharp pictures. The windows were a little hard to get clear shots out of since they were a little crazed. The top bubble was the worst looking forward.

The plane flies nicely and wasn't anywhere near as loud as I figured it would be. It was a cool experience, but from the tail, a little anti-climactic. Being up on the flight deck would be an epic experience. Still, being one of the few to fly in a B29 is pretty special.

I'll post some pics in a little bit.

Will

Comment

Some shots from Tuesday night.

I'm still working on the pics from the flight on Wednesday.

Will

Comment

A few more pics.

Will

Comment

I have a question:

Does FiFi operate with cabin pressurization?
                        "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Working...
                        X