Big Frog Reno 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Frog Reno 2014

In this AOPA article, they say that Continental will be partnering with the Big Frog Air Racing Team for 2014 and beyond. It is good to see a major manufacturer step up like that.

Also more recent article in French here: http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Fbreve3307
    Random Air Blog

Re: Big Frog Reno 2014

Did you notice the engine company (Cont.) is owned by the Chinese.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Yep, lots of stuff is now owned by the Chinese. Off the top of my head I can think of the following:

Glasair Aviation
      Cirrus Aircraft
      Mooney Aviation

The Chinese also attempted to purchase Hawker Beechcraft. And of course Cessna has done a lot with China including building the now out of production 162 there.

Back to the topic, anyone heard if they will be at PRS?
      Random Air Blog

Comment

I remember the crashed Big Frog NXT as needing a lot of work, including a new wing. It also tore out the horizontal didn't it? Remember that NXT was far different than a 'stock' NXT because the wing and horizontal were removable. It took a significant amount of structure to make that happen, so obviously it will need a fair amount of extra work to rebuild, beyond what a normal NXT would take.

I guess that is the best part about composite airplanes, even though it is totaled, a lot is still good!

Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
          I remember the crashed Big Frog NXT as needing a lot of work, including a new wing. It also tore out the horizontal didn't it? Remember that NXT was far different than a 'stock' NXT because the wing and horizontal were removable. It took a significant amount of structure to make that happen, so obviously it will need a fair amount of extra work to rebuild, beyond what a normal NXT would take.

I guess that is the best part about composite airplanes, even though it is totaled, a lot is still good!

http://www.vcstar.com/photos/galleri...section_header

I believe they picked up a new kit vs rebuilding what was left of the first one.

Comment

Working...
          X