Latest News (PRS THIS TIME)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest News (PRS THIS TIME)

I'm sure plenty of you check facebook and the website but apparently a record number of participants and planes (90 and 70 respectively). What great news as I will surely be out there come June!!! Hope to see some new planes from all classes turning the pylons!!!! I have a sense that there will be some Unlimiteds turning the sticks
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Latest News (PRS THIS TIME)

The press release from RARA states that the PRS will not be open to the public this year. Is this a new policy?

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin Mike View Post
      The press release from RARA states that the PRS will not be open to the public this year. Is this a new policy?
      They wouldn't do that.

Would they?
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

The classrooms and meal service have always been closed to the non-paying public. The idea is that the rookies have time , with-out the public, to get their instruction and pratice time in. You are reading too much into it. Go watch from the permanent bleachers during the fly-times, however a lot of the airwork takes place in the practice areas away from the field. Pit rules (courtesy) still in force. No food service or porta potties on the field.

There will be a dinner on Friday for the participants of PRS and former/present volunteers. Those are by reservation and are limited to 2. Any extra will be $10.00 per head, but again BY RESERVATION prior to the event. Call the RARA for reservations NOW, as they are in the planning process.

Betty
        A volunteer who plans to be there!

Comment

Any Unlimiteds at PRS this year? I was hearing a while back that there was no instructor available, and the class sounds as though it is still in a state of disarray.

Comment

Thank god for Betty. Whew!

In all seriousness though, Thank God For Betty!

The NAG shack is always my official first stop of race week.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
              Thank god for Betty. Whew!

In all seriousness though, Thank God For Betty!
              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51 View Post
                Any Unlimiteds at PRS this year? I was hearing a while back that there was no instructor available, and the class sounds as though it is still in a state of disarray.
                According to RARA facebook, there are three unlimited rookies!
                Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                  According to RARA facebook, there are three unlimited rookies!
                  Don't see where you see that but I'll trust you that it's somewhere in there!!! Also said that a record number of sport entries will add more heats to the class! Maybe bring back super sport?!?! So pumped for this year!!
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    Don't see where you see that but I'll trust you that it's somewhere in there!!! Also said that a record number of sport entries will add more heats to the class! Maybe bring back super sport?!?! So pumped for this year!!
                    Its in the comment section of their May 14th post.
                    Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                      Its in the comment section of their May 14th post.
                      Found it, thanks!
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        Last total I saw showed 40 pilots signed up for the Sport Class. Some new, some old. The biggest PRS for the Sport Class I'm pretty sure!

The Sport Class has been granted a 4th heat because we have so many airplanes. There are no plans to bring back "Super Sport". It will remain the fastest airplanes race in the Gold race. This means even if many of the fastest drop out with mechanical problems (and that is pretty common) we'll still have a full field to race on Sunday, the fastest of what is left.

There was some talk about making a 4 cylinder only class in a few years because a huge portion of homebuilt experimentals run on the good old IO-360 (or some variant). Most of the 4th heat may be 4 cylinders. Conveniently this would be great for me because I'd start out with a pretty good lead I think. But, we would want to avoid splitting the class in general, much like the Super Sport did previously. I selfishly said I'd be all for it, if the winner got a Breitling watch! lol In all seriousness, the rather open rules in their current configuration, line em up by qualifying, and go race, is pretty good. If I could just find 10 more mph.
                        Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                          The classrooms and meal service have always been closed to the non-paying public. The idea is that the rookies have time , with-out the public, to get their instruction and pratice time in. You are reading too much into it. Go watch from the permanent bleachers during the fly-times, however a lot of the airwork takes place in the practice areas away from the field. Pit rules (courtesy) still in force. No food service or porta potties on the field.

There will be a dinner on Friday for the participants of PRS and former/present volunteers. Those are by reservation and are limited to 2. Any extra will be $10.00 per head, but again BY RESERVATION prior to the event. Call the RARA for reservations NOW, as they are in the planning process.

Betty
                          A volunteer who plans to be there!
                          I will also be there and hope to see you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
                            There was some talk about making a 4 cylinder only class in a few years because a huge portion of homebuilt experimentals run on the good old IO-360 (or some variant). Most of the 4th heat may be 4 cylinders. Conveniently this would be great for me because I'd start out with a pretty good lead I think. But, we would want to avoid splitting the class in general, much like the Super Sport did previously. I selfishly said I'd be all for it, if the winner got a Breitling watch! lol In all seriousness, the rather open rules in their current configuration, line em up by qualifying, and go race, is pretty good. If I could just find 10 more mph.
                            Like you, I really hope that they don't split the class. I have seen a lot of racing organization kill a class by dividing it up. As the class continues to grow, people will see that getting a Silver or Bronze is significant.
                            Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                            X