Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction & N13HP

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, and serves as somewhat of an introduction, of sorts. Paul Fisher, of www.fishermodels.com pointed me to this forum as a possible resource. I purchased his 1/32 scale Sea Fury recently, and now I'm looking to the forum members for some help.

The reason I bought the model is not so easy to explain...you see, my son, Ray, was in the process of purchasing N13HP from the Breckenridge Air Museum when he crashed just after take-off on February 18. He was familiarizing himself with the plane, and it was his second flight that day. I attached a photo of Ray taken between flights, and the very last photo taken of him.

I'm looking for recent photos of the Fury so I can build her as close to how she was, especially photos of the interior of the cockpit. I'm also looking for a photo of the warbird in flight, which I would like to enlarge and hang next to Ray's photo. I have been given a number of photos, but nothing that "rings the bell" if you know what I mean, especially in size that allows some enlargement (to 20x30 say). If you can help, I certainly would appreciate it.

Regards,
    Ron Hofman

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3018.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	241770
    Ray Hofman on N13HP

Name:	7- Don Bucky Dawson photo- N13HP- 9-20-09 -0362.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	241771
    ©Don Bucky Dawson
    Last edited by gto49; 05-08-2014, 09:06 AM.

Re: Introduction & N13HP

Originally posted by gto49 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, and serves as somewhat of an introduction, of sorts. Paul Fisher, of www.fishermodels.com pointed me to this forum as a possible resource. I purchased his 1/32 scale Sea Fury recently, and now I'm looking to the forum members for some help.

The reason I bought the model is not so easy to explain...you see, my son, Ray, was in the process of purchasing N13HP from the Breckenridge Air Museum when he crashed just after take-off on February 18. He was familiarizing himself with the plane, and it was his second flight that day. I attached a photo of Ray taken between flights, and the very last photo taken of him.

I'm looking for recent photos of the Fury so I can build her as close to how she was, especially photos of the interior of the cockpit. I'm also looking for a photo of the warbird in flight, which I would like to enlarge and hang next to Ray's photo. I have been given a number of photos, but nothing that "rings the bell" if you know what I mean, especially in size that allows some enlargement (to 20x30 say). If you can help, I certainly would appreciate it.

Regards,
    Ron Hofman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20581[/ATTACH]
    Ray Hofman on N13HP

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20582[/ATTACH]
    ©Don Bucky Dawson

Welcome aboard! My condolences to you and your family, I only knew Ray through his reputation and I know he was a great guy. It was so exciting to see that Sea Fury back in the air again; such a tragic loss of pilot and plane.

There are tons of great photographers here that more than likely have the photo your after.

Scott Slocum has done a lot of aerial photography with the all the Texas-based warbirds. I don't see one of N13hp on his website, but he very well may have one in his collection.

Explore MyBombshells! You'll love our bombshells pin-up calendars, mustang posters, and more. Elevate your style with our timeless pinup calendar collection for 2024

Comment

Thanks very much... and for the link you provided. Some amazing photography there!

I'm not 100% sure, but I have two photos of Ray's Boo Man Choo that may have been taken by Scott. If not, my apologies to the photographer. By the way, Ray is the pilot in both shots, with his wife in the rear seat flying in formation.

Name:	RayPlane.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	227615Click image for larger version

Name:	1898744_10151939994113458_1989111309_o.jpg
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	227616

Regards,
      Ron

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
      Welcome aboard! My condolences to you and your family, I only knew Ray through his reputation and I know he was a great guy. It was so exciting to see that Sea Fury back in the air again; such a tragic loss of pilot and plane.

There are tons of great photographers here that more than likely have the photo your after.

Scott Slocum has done a lot of aerial photography with the all the Texas-based warbirds. I don't see one of N13hp on his website, but he very well may have one in his collection.

http://mybombshells.com/
      Last edited by gto49; 05-08-2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gto49 View Post
        Thanks very much... and for the link you provided. Some amazing photography there!

I'm not 100% sure, but I have two photos of Ray's Boo Man Choo that may have been taken by Scott. If not, my apologies to the photographer. By the way, Ray is the pilot in both shots, with his wife in the rear seat flying in formation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20595[/ATTACH]

Regards,
        Ron
        You are very welcome! Yes Scott does some great work!

I just recently saw that photo of the 4 P-51s but I can't recall where it was or who the photographer was. They look like some of Scott's other photos, also could be my friend Chris Ebdon (AV8PIX). -He may also have photos of the Fury.
        The P-51 shots were taken at the Wings over Houston show last year.

Thought I would share a couple photos from last weekend where I flew in the "Wings Over Houston" airshow in my P-51 Mustang, "Boo-Man Choo" It has been an emotional and epic journey the last year going from introductory lessons with our Renowned Master Aviator, Chip Beck... to an experience of...

Comment

On Friday, I picked up the framed print of Ray sitting on the wing of N13HP. The photo was taken after his first successful flight of the day (with a cell phone), and only minutes later, he crashed and was killed.

I'm still looking through the photos I have of the Sea Fury, to have printed and placed beside the photo of Ray. If anyone has a photo they can send me, I'd appreciate it. I'm also looking for photos of the interior cockpit so I can build the 1/32nd scale model as close to the way the plane was when it crashed.

Thanks,
          Ron

Name:	IMG_3332.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	227619

Comment

We are going to miss our pit mate Mr. Ron. Ray sure did like to go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
              We are going to miss our pit mate Mr. Ron. Ray sure did like to go fast!
              He sure did, didn't he! Didn't matter what it was...bike, car or plane, he always pushed it to the max, and then some.

Comment

Working...
              X