Accident at Travis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accident at Travis

Let this be a lesson to all airshow promoters and organizers, fire truck and response personnel need to be stationed so that they can respond immediately to a situation like this. That canopy that was on the plane needed a fair amount of clearance to open as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneauxman View Post
      Roger Bockrath of Davis recorded 2.5 minutes from impact to fire ignition. 2.5 additional minutes later the professional fire suppressors arrived. Why were the trucks behind the crowd? Why was Eddie not out of the machine?
      A seemingly understaffed NTSB will take the months and help from other pros to determine the inexplicable whys.
      Bockrath said "He should be in the hospital with second-degree burns and smoke inhalation. Instead, he's at the coroner's office". The fire was suppressed quickly but way too late.
      I'm still pissed at Jimmy and mad as hell about Eddie.
      These questions still make me sick. The NTSB report is just a report, I know but, it does make it sound like Eddie died on impact. I don't think anyone here thinks that was the case. From what I understand, the family certainly doesn't think so. The whole thing still makes my stomach turn and my blood boil.

I'm still mad at Jimmy too. I doubt I'll ever forgive him.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
        These questions still make me sick. The NTSB report is just a report, I know but, it does make it sound like Eddie died on impact. I don't think anyone here thinks that was the case. From what I understand, the family certainly doesn't think so. The whole thing still makes my stomach turn and my blood boil.

I'm still mad at Jimmy too. I doubt I'll ever forgive him.
        In a couple of the videos and pics I have seen you can see the back portion of the canopy pretty clear. It in one you can see that its 6-12" off the ground at the back.

What bothered me most in the videos I saw was what I percieved to be a complete lack of urgency of one the emergency vehicles as it basically.sat there on the ramp awaiting the bigger fire truck. In the background the announcers telling people to stay put and let the first responders do what they are trained to do.

Comment

Working...
        X