Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Isn't it about time Reno introduced an electric class

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
    Your hat is safe.....So is your tummy..... NXT.

Jon and Tricia
    LOL.... I have post amnesia!... my previous post being prime example! I watched the video and just knew that it'd been mentioned SOMEWHERE in this thread because it is so obvious that it truly is an NXT fuse that they're using as their mule...

Very interesting project, indeed!

I could envision straight line speed record attempts being conducted at a decent spectator altitude at RENO... Maybe with a kind of "down the chute" entry to course, left to right, right to left.... maybe make a figure 8?? S**T, I'd watch anything that flies race... actually, does not even have to be a race LOL!!! I just like to watch airplanes fly, land, take off.... very relaxing.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne you are right about just watching planes come & go even my coffee cup says "Airport Bum"
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Say What!? please no. .. I don't think many fans would travel to Reno to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by tedstriker View Post
          Say What!? please no. .. I don't think many fans would travel to Reno to see that.
          Why don't you want to see that? The props are not going to sound the same, but they will sound SICK! I've spent considerable effort as part of Team Outlaw with the electric conversion. We just published a big update that the motor is installed in the airframe and the prop is turning. Aside from the typical and expected grumpy responses, the reception has been overwhelmingly positive. People are excited, companies are excited, and most importantly the sponsors are excited.

This will be the biggest thing for pylon racing in many years.

Link for those with fb
          6.6K views, 37 likes, 3 loves, 12 comments, 20 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Outlaw Air Racing: Update on the electric race plane conversion. Electric Falcon- Electric Race Aircraft
          "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tedstriker View Post
            I was going to do a bit of an editorial...

S H I T.. we can't even agree to disagree on this site..

Likely, things are going to change!

It is always going to be up to the support of the fans!

Of each and EVERY class of racing we get to enjoy!

If it's at zero dark thirty... well damnit! You should be there!!!

I'm not an early guy! I grew up with an 8AM mentality.. get up early enough to get to work or school by then, you're golden.

If I've dragged too far off topic! i apologize.

That said.

This year will define our future as a viable motorsport!

There is just something special about the photos that Neal, Birgitta and others produce from those early AM sessions that is just spellbinding! Bunches of you also have priceless imaes! Crap, I have at least, a few I'd like to share!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              I was going to do a bit of an editorial...

S H I T.. we can't even agree to disagree on this site..

Likely, things are going to change!

It is always going to be up to the support of the fans!

Of each and EVERY class of racing we get to enjoy!

If it's at zero dark thirty... well damnit! You should be there!!!

I'm not an early guy! I grew up with an 8AM mentality.. get up early enough to get to work or school by then, you're golden.

If I've dragged too far off topic! i apologize.

That said.

This year will define our future as a viable motorsport!

There is just something special about the photos that Neal, Birgitta and others produce from those early AM sessions that is just spellbinding! Bunches of you also have priceless imaes! Crap, I have at least, a few I'd like to share!
              Crap.. Like I said before!!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
                You have that thing up front that spins already. Why can't you u km se that to recover some or all of the energy used and recharge the batteries while in flight? Seems to me the prop would be spinning fast enough a generator could produce enough recoverable energy to sustain flight indefinitely.
                Just like what Lemans has been doing past few years with their top class. They are hybrids. That would be interesting to add to a sport hybrid Class. Or just a one off class.
                Mark G. Ehlers

Comment

Got all you non-facebookers a youtube link of the motor run.
                  "young" Thomas

Comment

Webinar on Air Race E
                    "young" Thomas

Comment

New announcement from our competition
                      We are excited to announce that Premier F1 Pilot, Philip Goforth, has Joined Team Möbius as our Chief Pilot! With more than 15,000 hours of flight under his belt, Phillip is a highly versatile pilot.
                      "young" Thomas

Comment

I’d say that is a good get.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Got some movement from the Nordic Air Racing Team on fb. They got some other pictures and video there as well.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	191871996_163691605764447_4218552661512320715_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	231598

Nordic Air Racing Team. 505 likes. The Nordic Air Racing Team will compete in the Air Race E series starting in 2022. Our electric race plane will fly as soon as summer 2021. We believe in clean...

Cool to see other teams making progress.
                          "young" Thomas

Comment

Rolls-Royce?s electric airplane completes its maiden flight in the UK

Rolls-Royce claims the Spirit of Innovation?s 400 kW electric powertrain is ?the most power-dense battery pack ever assembled for an aircraft.?

The company?s goal is for the airplane?s speed to exceed 300 miles per hour.

This is "Spirit of Innovation takes to the skies" by Rolls-Royce on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
                            Last edited by Colbourne; 09-18-2021, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Rolls-Royce's high-speed, all-electric Spirit of Innovation aircraft has flown for the first time. On September 15, 2021 at 2:56 pm BST, the speedster prop plane took off from the UK Ministry of Defence’s Boscombe Down site outside Amesbury, Wiltshire, England for a 15-minute flight.

Comment

Reno may be done but we're still hard at work.
                                I worked on the black splotches
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	censored_img_6866.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	231747
                                And there is a video (with sound) floating around the Electric Falcon FB page.

One of the other teams is expecting first flight soon, which is also exciting.
                                "young" Thomas

Comment

Working...
                                X