Reno 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2014

I just heard that there only be stock Unlimiteds this year, nothing modified, as per the insurance underwriter.

I have no idea what their definition of modified is.

Anyone else hear anything?

Re: Reno 2014

That sounds like a moving target to hit if true.
    Could be stock airframe, engine, speed restrictions. Maybe they could register Voodoo as a stock factory modded airframe that was done top secretly by North American....................

If confirmed they might as well call it a fly-in.

Some of the restrictions they can come up with seem so far out there it would take a 747 flying around with a telescope in back to even see.
    know where I could find one?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post

Some of the restrictions they can come up with seem so far out there it would take a 747 flying around with a telescope in back to even see.
      know where I could find one?
      I might.

Going up tonight for the 3rd time this week, I see if I get them to shed some infrared light on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
        I just heard that there only be stock Unlimiteds this year, nothing modified, as per the insurance underwriter.

I have no idea what their definition of modified is.

Anyone else hear anything?
        We'll if that is true then the whole dynamics of this event will change.

I thought after 2011 that was it for the Reno Air Races. They struggled and kept going with quite a few changes. In reality, there's not much left of RARA to have a backbone and say in their future?

Now if this rumor is true, there's a great opportunity for someone/organization to step in and build a premier warbird/air race event on the 50 year old foundation known as the Reno Air Races.

Let's hope this is just a rumor, this event doesn't need any more negative news.

Comment

Well Voodoo IS confirmed, I talked to Steven and they said they're still doing work to her to make her better for the races, I say just another rumor that will get worked out even if it has the slightest amount of truth to it. Look at 232, Rare Bear, PM, they all are being worked on as we speak to kick some a$$ this year, doubt this is true.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I call bull****!

Comment

I might.

Going up tonight for the 3rd time this week, I see if I get them to shed some infrared light on the situation.
              Is this SOFIA that you are talking about? If so, I thought that she was mothballed at amarc due to lack of funding?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
                Is this SOFIA that you are talking about? If so, I thought that she was mothballed at amarc due to lack of funding?

Kevin
                Then you thought wrong.

Comment

Then you thought wrong.
                  Yup. dat's ABL
                  it's now Shake and Bake and I helped!
                  Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

In that case, I'll just break the rules...

Look, this is not true. I really wish these types of negative rumors would stop. Try to be positive and support the event instead. We will race. And we will race fast. No parade, nothing pre-determined, not stock only. We'll be there in force as always.

Comment

Thank you Thom Richard. This is PM's year. Keep your update posts coming in.
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post

Look, this is not true. I really wish these types of negative rumors would stop. Try to be positive and support the event instead. We will race. And we will race fast. No parade, nothing pre-determined, not stock only. We'll be there in force as always.
                        Thanks Thom, perfectly said. GO PM, I'm lucky enough to have a "Precious Minions" crew shirt from last year that I will proudly be wearing come Sunday's race!!!
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                          Thanks Thom, perfectly said. GO PM, I'm lucky enough to have a "Precious Minions" crew shirt from last year that I will proudly be wearing come Sunday's race!!!
                          Bow bow chicka bow bow! It's a stock XR51 I swear. Who started this rumor; the Goodyear Blimp?! If you have that shirt I threw it at you.
                          Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 04-27-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post

Well said Tom Richard.
                            I feel this is your and PM year.

Comment

Like Mr. R, I would like the rumor mill stopped. If someone can quote a source that can be researched, that is another thing. But saying, "I heard" without any verifiable source for an important topic like this is not good. Now if you are going to leak that Craig Driver doesn't like cold pizza, THAT's acceptable!

Comment

Working...
                              X