Rare Bear 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear 2013

Hey Rare Bear fans, here’s some shots of her on a late afternoon test flight and also the teams attempt during qualifying, enjoy!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQLpByAbns

Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Rare Bear 2013

Again, your vids are some of the best eye candy on the net Jason... thanks for the link
    I knew there was a reason I woke up way before the alarm this morning... nothing better to start out the day then watching my favorite Bearcat take to the skies!
    Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
      Again, your vids are some of the best eye candy on the net Jason... thanks for the link
      I knew there was a reason I woke up way before the alarm this morning... nothing better to start out the day then watching my favorite Bearcat take to the skies!
      Thanks Mark, much appreciated!!
      Jason
      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
        I second that, Mark.

Jason provides us air race fanatics with some remarkably high quality videos. Awesome audio quality and incredible video as well. The image stabilization at higher zoom levels is amazing. I especially appreciate the correct rendering of the prop motion.

Keep 'em comin', Jason...! Your efforts are genuinely appreciated. Thanks for sharing...

Take care,
        Bob
        Triple-B

Comment

Originally posted by Triple-B View Post
          I second that, Mark.

Jason provides us air race fanatics with some remarkably high quality videos. Awesome audio quality and incredible video as well. The image stabilization at higher zoom levels is amazing. I especially appreciate the correct rendering of the prop motion.

Keep 'em comin', Jason...! Your efforts are genuinely appreciated. Thanks for sharing...

Take care,
          Bob
          Thanks Bob!!
          When I was looking to upgrade my equipment there were several things that I had to have for shooting video on the ramp, it had to have a long lens (this one has 22x optical zoom), shoot in full 1080p60 to get the proper prop blur, good focus (I shoot in manual focus so it doesn't hunt), 3-pin XLR microphone input for amazing sound and good stabilization for run and gun work. I got most of that with the camera I'm using but there are a few quirks that still bug me, the stabilization basically sucks so just about every clip I shoot, I have to run through an after market program to smooth them out which take tons of extra time and slightly kills the quality of the video, plus it has a weird metering issue where the image will turn dark when it gets flashed with a bright object (you'll notice it big time when the Bear is taking off during the late afternoon flight), there are a couple of other things but I guess for what I'm getting in post production it's all good. One huge plus for these new HD cameras is the fact that it has two SDXC card slots, I just throw two 64gig cards in at the beginning of the race week and don't have to touch them till I go home, they will each record 6 hours of full 1080p60 footage.

Jason

P.S. I shoot with the Panasonic AG-AC160.
          Last edited by Jason S.; 04-16-2014, 11:12 PM.
          Jason Schillereff

Comment

Working...
          X