Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY! FREEMARK ENTERTAINMENT LLC...YOU AWAKE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEY! FREEMARK ENTERTAINMENT LLC...YOU AWAKE?

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
    Geez, this from the guy who was giving us all pure hell for being negative a while back....
    Yeah me too. I posted some concerns about RARA and was given the 3rd degree from that guy. Back to lurking? Sometimes I think it might be better to just buy the tickets and hope for the best. Before the internet I guess we just went to the races knowing everything would be ok.
    Brad
    Windy Hill GA83

Comment

Fair criticism. I'll take that. Haven't gone back to view the comments you're referring to but in general, you're likely correct.

That said, just a couple points in defense. First my rant here is directed at Freemark directly. They're the PR experts who should have advised RARA of their options quite some time ago. Second, it was a while a while back and events have transpired in the interim.

Bottom line: while it may be true RARA has only recently resolved the insurance issue, that should not have prevented Freemark from taking some steps on the side (and frankly RARA committing to a modest spend) to keep RARA in front of everything. Silence since Houghton left is not golden...it's playing with fire.

Touche' my good man.
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

I love you guys! We're all so high strung about this stuff, yet, we can exchange like this and all walk arm in arm to the show line.. (or, bar... or whatever!)

Always important to remember, we are, first and foremost, on the same team!

I'm guessing that I need to start thinking about my plans for RENO 2014

Good Job RARA
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          I love you guys! We're all so high strung about this stuff, yet, we can exchange like this and all walk arm in arm to the show line.. (or, bar... or whatever!)

Good Job RARA
          My true hope is that Air Judge will be hard at it again this September. He knows we all love to kid each other, to keep from going insane.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

Good Job RARA
            QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar;117852]I love you guys! We're all so high strung about this stuff, yet, we can exchange like this and all walk arm in arm to the show line.. (or, bar... or whatever!)

I'll walk with you, but I don't want to hold hands with you...

Comment

Nicely played, Toldjaso. Happy to belly up to the bar with y'all, but I'm keepin' my hands and arms "inside the car" at all times!

While I'll miss PRS this year (my Air Boss gigs are taking up more and more weekends) I'm counting the days.

At under 180 days, we're closer to 2014 Race Week than we are to 2013...come on, September!
              Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar;117852]I love you guys! We're all so high strung about this stuff, yet, we can exchange like this and all walk arm in arm to the show line.. (or, bar... or whatever!)

I'll walk with you, but I don't want to hold hands with you...
                Rookie. "What happens in the truck stays in the truck", right Wayne?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  Rookie. "What happens in the truck stays in the truck", right Wayne?
                  Did Mr Wayners break the code?

hummmmmmmm - gonna have to think about this one
                  Mark K....

Comment

Even the most green marketer knows saying something is better than saying nothing.........and you don't have to say anything that contains usable content.........just something.

Politicians can utter 50 paragraphs and not say a single thing.

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
                      Even the most green marketer knows saying something is better than saying nothing.........and you don't have to say anything that contains usable content.........just something.

Politicians can utter 50 paragraphs and not say a single thing.
                      ...and NO actual Marketer is going to promote something until they are contracted to do so. Politicians are already working for themselves....

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                        ...and NO actual Marketer is going to promote something until they are contracted to do so. Politicians are already working for themselves....
                        Ok, I'll keep the glass half full with you.

It's almost April, silence is golden, right?

Comment

The finally updated their facebook recently: https://www.facebook.com/RenoAirRacingAssociation
                          Random Air Blog

Comment

WifeyGimp, DaughterGimp and I attended the inaugural Los Angeles County Airshow on Saturday at Fox Field in Palmdale/Lancaster CA, the organizers for RBAR put Red Bull Air Race flyers on every one of the thousands of cars there to promote the events in Dallas and Vegas later this year. They announced the Red Bull Dallas and Vegas dates many times over the PA.

Not a peep on Reno which is closer than Dallas and just as easy to get to as Vegas.

Somebody knows what they are doing when it comes to promoting events, and it appears somebody else may not.

The LA County Airshow was very good BTW, heavy attendance, great performer lineup, good food vendors, really nice venue all things considered - damn good for a first show in my opinion (have attended over 200 shows).

There are formula's for how to promote events like this, all you have to do is do what the successful guys do.

'Gimp
                            Last edited by AcroGimp; 03-24-2014, 03:20 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
                            Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

Originally posted by AcroGimp View Post
                              WifeyGimp, DaughterGimp and I attended the inaugural Los Angeles County Airshow on Saturday at Fox Field in Plamdale/Lancaster CA, the organizers for RBAR put Red Bull Air Race flyers on every one of the thousands of cars there to promote the events in Dallas and Vegas later this year. They announced the Red Bull Dallas and Vegas dates many times over the PA.

Not a peep on Reno which is closer than Dallas and just as easy to get to as Vegas.

Somebody knows what they are doing when it comes to promoting events, and it appears somebody else may not.

The LA County Airshow was very good BTW, heavy attendance, great performer lineup, good food vendors, really nice venue all things considered - damn good for a first show in my opinion (have attended over 200 shows).

There are formula's for how to promote events like this, all you have to do is do what the successful guys do.

'Gimp
                              I went Friday and Saturday because of the 45 min away from where we live aspect, and it was phenomenal to say the least. Incredibly high attendance which makes the next few years much more promising. And yes Red Bull did a superb job with the ads, but that also ties into their whole air force being at the show. Nothing about Reno was stated i don't think...
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

IMHO, no news is not good news when it comes to marketing. And it's been this way for quite some time. RARA 's budget is woefully insufficient and its been trending downward to boot.

Freemark needed to be the smarter people in the room when the decision was made by RARA to go with them quite some time ago. I would have expected a professional marketer to have laid out some options to keep RARA "in the conversation" while the insurance matter was addressed. A back-loaded MOU that allows Freemark to send out RARA pre-approved press releases on a regular basis. Very small dollars. No risk. Keep's RARA front and center.

That's just one easy and inexpensive way. Look, Freemark is supposed to be the pro's here, not RARA. Instead, it's been crickets for how many months? And we're supposed to be pleased about the fact that they've update their FB page?

While I certainly don't expect marketing and PR on the level of Red Bull or other motorsport series, it just seems to me that that fact that we only race once a year means we're NOT in front of folks 10, 20, or 30 times between March and November. All the more reason to market! It's not rocket science...
                                Owen Ashurst

Comment

Working...
                                X