Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY! FREEMARK ENTERTAINMENT LLC...YOU AWAKE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY! FREEMARK ENTERTAINMENT LLC...YOU AWAKE?

So, riddle me this...can you name one motorsport's marketing firm whose client only races once a year; who elects to go dark for months at a time; who chooses to leave the last public face of its client the firing of that client's CEO; whose allowed others to fill the vacuum with rumor and gossip....I'll make it easy for you.

Freemark Entertainment LLC.

Come on' man...really? Not even a press release to say we've got a frickin' pulse? Not sure what RARA is paying you (and perhaps that's the problem), but whatever it is, it's way too much.

How 'bout we update the FB page? The website? Something...anything. We're less than 25 weeks out and you've got nothing to say? Sad...
    Last edited by Air Boss; 03-12-2014, 10:11 PM.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Re: HEY! FREEMARK ENTERTAINMENT LLC...YOU AWAKE?

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
    So, riddle me this...can you name one motorsport's marketing firm whose client only races once a year; who elects to go dark for months at a time; who chooses to leave the last public face of its client the firing of that client's CEO; whose allowed others to fill the vacuum with rumor and gossip....I'll make it easy for you.

Come on' man...really? Not even a press release to say we've got a frickin' pulse? Not sure what RARA is paying you (and perhaps that's the problem), but whatever it is, it's way too much.

How 'bout we update the FB page? The website? Something...anything. We're less than 25 weeks out and you've got nothing to say? Sad...
    Have you tried to contact them and ask? Because I have. They are waiting for RARA to sign the actual contract to allow them to swing into action. Given the announcement by the Temp Head of RARA that outlined the cost issue of insurance before committing to hosting the Races, I would suspect that this is part of the hold up in getting other contracts for varied aspects of the event signed also. I know the marketing firm was expecting to make it all official by the end of the week. It wouldn't make any sense for them to be marketing an event that hasn't confirmed they want them yet, would it? They have Press Releases and a full campaign prepared and sitting in a box waiting to swing into action ASAP.

Comment

So how do you kill an event, they are on the right track. Like I said before, the board has tucked its tail between its legs and ran. Joey has experience with that!

Its all about waiting for the insurance premium!.

This is really sad.

Like you said, you'd think Freemark would have at least put out some teasers even if it was on their dime?

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
        So how do you kill an event, they are on the right track. Like I said before, the board has tucked its tail between its legs and ran. Joey has experience with that!

Its all about waiting for the insurance premium!.

This is really sad.

Like you said, you'd think Freemark would have at least put out some teasers even if it was on their dime?
        Would you go to a company and work for them for free just because you think you might get hired....? Its a business, they don't work for free. Advertising is a portion of what they do for money. Who would pay if they could get it for free? Isn't there a story about free milk and a cow.....?
        Last edited by LoveOldPlanes; 03-13-2014, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
          Would you go to a company and work for them for free just because you think you might get hired....? Its a business, they don't work for free. Advertising is a portion of what they do for money. Who would pay if they could get it for free? Isn't there a story about free milk and a cow.....?
          Or like we use out west "Money talks and bull**** walks"

I was just playing favoritism to RARA in my comment, with the false belief that they were true air race fans and would.

In reality your right young man, its all about the money.

Comment

Or like we use out west "Money talks and bull**** walks"

I was just playing favoritism to RARA in my comment, with the false belief that they were true air race fans and would.

In reality your right young man, its all about the money.

Hahaha...cool! I think we all want a bone thrown to us to know what's going on! I have been getting to know them in efforts to get the PM Website I am working on focused the right way for the impending future. They actually are not Air Race fans, but have a background in all sorts of other major sports events. Thus far, they have been excited about the chance to work with RARA and bring their knowledge of how other sports do things to the benefit of the Races. I think their background in proven event promotion will be a great boost to the Races we all love so much.

....As for money, it is simply the standard lifeblood exchanged to make anything happen. The more interest we create, the more money we make..the more money there is to dedicate to larger purses, more classes, better airshow acts...the list is endless.
            Last edited by LoveOldPlanes; 03-13-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Yes I did...no repsonse. Good that you spoke with a live person. At least we know there's someone there answering the phones.

If I recall, RARA "engaged" these folks quite some time back. While it may be true no definitive agreement had been reached, I am nonetheless troubled by the fact that given the slender thread this event has been hanging by for some time, neither party thought or agreed to at least enter into a Side Agreement, Letter of Understanding, MOU, or similar deal to at least empower Freemark to make RARA-approved press releases in the interim. Silence is not golden in this case...it's potentially crippling.

Look, these are fairly desparate times. And it's long past time those involved at the decision-making levels start thinking outside the box. Same old, same old at this stage means only one thing...and it isn't good.
              Owen Ashurst
              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

From what I know, RARA just got the insurance quote last week. (It was below the estimate, just FYI) So up until that point, the races were not a sure thing. I seriously doubt they paid a penny for marketing till that number came back favorable. Now that they have the quote, and they can afford it, we're good to go.

So, I suspect there has been no movement for that exact reason. I see 2014 PRS info was added to the website just recently. It is getting there...
                Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
                  From what I know, RARA just got the insurance quote last week. (It was below the estimate, just FYI) So up until that point, the races were not a sure thing. I seriously doubt they paid a penny for marketing till that number came back favorable. Now that they have the quote, and they can afford it, we're good to go.

So, I suspect there has been no movement for that exact reason. I see 2014 PRS info was added to the website just recently. It is getting there...
                  Well heck, thats 2 pieces of good news.

If it wasn't for this site a lot of us would be clueless.

Wouldn't want the title "Clueless in Reno"

Comment

My last few threads and posts have been on the performers as I feel like that is where my research benefits me most, and whoever is "hiring" this years performers is doing a hell of a good job throwing some new stuff at us. We got the F-22 which isn't even going to Oshkosh! I don't know if its Freemark or somebody else doing this, but I think you are all getting hyped up over nothing and will be very surprised to see the improvement in this years races from the past 2 years. With an ever-increasing insurance premium and a Sports-oriented group leading the way, some good stuff seems to be on the horizon for the future.
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

If it wasn't for this site a lot of us would be clueless.
                      This is the main problem, and always has been, with RARA IMHO
                      Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                        This is the main problem, and always has been, with RARA IMHO
                        UNFORTUNATELY, we lost our "source" of information within RARA with the terminations. RARA used to feed me stuff that was coming, with the caveat that I only teased or had something ready when it was time to release information.

Wasn't much of an "inside" but it certainly helped keep a finger on the pulse so to say...
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Chris,

Now thats news. About time we see something positive from RARA.

They even put a face to the announcement. Things are going really good.

With all the other bits and piece people have been posting about performers and such, Reno 2014 looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post

Geez, this from the guy who was giving us all pure hell for being negative a while back....

Comment

Working...
                              X