Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Jackson (or Betty) please elaborate on what was discussed at the NAG banquet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Jackson (or Betty) please elaborate on what was discussed at the NAG banquet.

I saw on Facebook there was concerns expressed by you and some of the other Unlimited pilots. Do you care to elaborate?

Re: Matt Jackson (or Betty) please elaborate on what was discussed at the NAG banquet

....or confirm that whatever they may be (in case its stuff the public shouldn't know), that there is a good chance that they will all be worked out...? I don't like dirty laundry being aired in public, and remember the days when NASCAR had lots of it. When they got over it, they went on to become the most successful they had ever been.

Comment

Re: Matt Jackson (or Betty) please elaborate on what was discussed at the NAG banquet

Sure, I don't mind a PM if it doesn't need to be aired but I will say Facebook is pretty aired out.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
        I saw on Facebook there was concerns expressed by you and some of the other Unlimited pilots. Do you care to elaborate?
        What name do they use on Facebook?

Comment

There was some scuttlebutt on one of the FB sites, I think it was Voodoo's sight, that Matt raised concerns at the NAG banquet about safety, which I would assume is the deadlines and hard deck issue. It also implied he mentioned the overall health of the Unlimited field and was backed by at least one other UL pilot. I figured instead of hearing it through the vine I would ask it straight from the source.

Comment

Correction, I think it was a conversation between a couple of group members on one of those pages.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
              Its on the Rare Bear Facebook page

Comment

The NAG banquet was entertaining and informative. Matt expanded on a lot of things that have already been aired, RARA, FAA, course changes, safety, Unlimited purses, etc. I hope Matt posts some of the finer points of his talk. Tom Dwelle put on a great slide show and told some good stories, one which probably isn't fit for "Prime Time". Betty was unable to attend.
                Last edited by Plane Nuts; 03-13-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
                  Its on the Rare Bear Facebook page
                  There you go!

Is ShermB well PN?

Comment

She is recovering from a medical condition and have been told she is doing fine. I will let her post the details.

Comment

Thanks. Get well Betty!

Comment

Hi all. Missed the doings at the NAG Banquet because I am 6 weeks post a triple by-pass and valve job. Planning to be at PRS and of course the races in Sept..
                        Hopefully Ronco got video of Matt's remarks and Dwelle's comments. There will be a report in the next NAG Rag for the general membership - should be out in a couple more weeks. Heard it good was good.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better Betty. I'm glad to hear the banquet was a hit. Rest up for September.

Comment

Get well Betty. I had a triple by-pass in Oct. 1999 & all has been fine. Take care & try to slow down. Not easy I know.
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Get well Betty! It looked like Ronco was videoing it. I hope the video will be available to view. Valerie Miller was there to answer questions about the inner workings of RARA. Mat was asked the question, what was the fastest plane he flew, "In a straight line Furias, on the race course hands down Strega. On the first lap Sunday the engine laid down from a broken rocker arm." We saw fast Strega caught up with Voodoo, imagine if the engine was OK!!

Comment

Working...
                              X