50 plane flyover at Phoenix NASCAR race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 plane flyover at Phoenix NASCAR race

There was a "record" 50 plane flyover at the Phoenix NASCAR race today. I have been looking online trying to find out who/what group participated in the flyover, but haven't found anything. Anybody have any idea?

Re: 50 plane flyover at Phoenix NASCAR race

They did flash the name of the group for a few seconds during the Anthem but I only caught it for a second mainly because I was watching the formation. KC Flight team.

Looks like this weekend may see a few RVs over The Phoenix International Raceway. Looking at the KC Flight Formation Team Facebook page, I found this: KC Flight Formation Team getting ready for NASCAR in Phoenix,AZ Be sure and watch opening ceremonies to see if we hit the Time Over Target...
    Last edited by wyhdah; 03-02-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

They did a great job. Very impressive.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

That was impressive!

Comment

That was awesome, and to me anyway, much more impressive than a couple jet fighters screaming through so fast that its all over before the fans can swivel their heads to take a look.

I would be curious how the definition of the "record" would be put together. I'm guessing the record largest formation flyover might have involved a bunch of 4-engine types over Germany about 70 years ago?

Comment

This is the same group flying over a Chiefs game here in Kansas City last year. We had 49 then, not including me. Gives you a different perspective.

We flew for 45 minutes before our time on target, so by the time your actually doing the flyover, you have been busy for a while. Pretty cool stuff!
            Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

I am sure the average NASCAR fan does not realize how difficult formation flying is. Here is the website- www.kcflight.org

Comment

Working...
              X