Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Racers? Hangar Flying On-line....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrity Racers? Hangar Flying On-line....

OK- help me out here. Great ideas often happen at The Hangar when everybody starts adding their two cents to a conversation. AAFO is our hangar on-line so here it goes.....I think it would be a good idea to include Celebrities from outside the world of Aviation in the Races to bring higher exposure to them. Some of them would even have the resources and aircraft to do so. I can think of only a few that might be interested, who else is out there that might be able to take part? Here's the ones I can think of so far:

1. Micheal Dorn- Worf from Star Trek- loves aviation and has a Jet rating
    2. Tom Cruise- That Mustang would look great in Bronze Unlimited...
    3. John Travolta- Another Jet rated guy....

Re: Celebrity Racers? Hangar Flying On-line....

Rusty Wallace, retires Nascar Driver (Jet rating), in the interview he has 11000 hrs, but he failed to mention at least the 1-2 minutes of "flight time" he has in race cars.

Rusty Wallace not only a race driver, but jet pilot. He currently owns a Lear 31A and has 11,000 hours in jet time. No plane no gain... Listen to what Rust...

Comment

Harrison Ford. I don't think he owns any warbirds but he's got the bucks to fund a racer.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
        OK- help me out here. Great ideas often happen at The Hangar when everybody starts adding their two cents to a conversation. AAFO is our hangar on-line so here it goes.....I think it would be a good idea to include Celebrities from outside the world of Aviation in the Races to bring higher exposure to them. Some of them would even have the resources and aircraft to do so. I can think of only a few that might be interested, who else is out there that might be able to take part? Here's the ones I can think of so far:

1. Micheal Dorn- Worf from Star Trek- loves aviation and has a Jet rating
        2. Tom Cruise- That Mustang would look great in Bronze Unlimited...
        3. John Travolta- Another Jet rated guy....
        Don't forget to add:

Harrison Ford
        Dennis Quaid
        Cliff Roberson
        Angela Jolie
        Clint Eastwood

Comment

Several NASCAR guys are avid aviators including Carl Edwards, Mark Martin, Greg Biffle, Bill Elliot, Matt Kenseth...
          Sky Critter

Comment

don't forget the team owner with 3 mustangs jack roush.
            bob burns
            ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
            "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Also Brad Pitt and his new Spitfire (of course you already said Angelina and she really is in charge I think)...I used to race in APBA offshore in the 80s and when Don Johnson , Chuck Norris, and Kurt Russell got involved the exposure it gained was surreal...The crowds at races grew exponentially...Of course they were treated with kid gloves and given tons of leeway that annoyed more than a few of the purists, but there is no denying the positive affect they had on the popularity of the sport at the time.
              Last edited by johnnyrace; 03-01-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

This is fun so far. I'd like to see how many of these folks would actually race in one class or another. I think there might be a problem with Cliff Robertson taking part, since he went west in 2011....

I can't remember the country signer who went out on tour with Fifi...who was that?

Comment

This is fun so far. I'd like to see how many of these folks would actually race in one class or another. I think there might be a problem with Cliff Robertson taking part, since he went west in 2011....

I can't remember the country signer who went out on tour with Fifi...who was that?
                  Aaron Tippin

Comment

As far as Cliff Robertson, if you're gonna be a tight ass with your entry requirements................

Comment

As far as Cliff Robertson, if you're gonna be a tight ass with your entry requirements................

Comment

Working...
                      X