X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evergreen Museum P38 and Spruce Goose For Sale

This is a bummer.

What a nice town and museum to visit.

Not getting a Space Shuttle probably didn't help.

Every time I was there they were very confident a shuttle was coming : - )

I hate to see this happen.

Re: Evergreen Museum P38 and Spruce Goose For Sale

I don't think the Spruce Goose will be for sale anytime soon. It would be awesome if the P-38 would fly again! That makes two P-38's on the market right now?
    Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
      I don't think the Spruce Goose will be for sale anytime soon. It would be awesome if the P-38 would fly again! That makes two P-38's on the market right now?
      Being involved with the museum as a volunteer, years ago, before the "Goose" was even assembled, (original sprucegoose.org website) it would break my heart to see it leave. That said, I seriously don't know what they were thinking when they spent the money they have spent on the water park and Imax!

The museum is pretty far from mainstream Portland, and the traffic corridor necessary to get there is simply horrible from Portland to McMinnville..

I have never figured out how they made it this far... I hope for the best outcome!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This is a bummer. That is a great musuem. However as previously stated, the location is not good. I've never figured out why they didn't locate it closer to I-5. Don't get me wrong, the area is beautiful, but getting there from the I-5 corrider is anything but direct. I certainly wish them the best and hope the museum is able to stay open.
        Brian

Comment

It is sad. With a 500 million dollar bankruptcy you can pretty much guess the dire outcome that awaits. That ex Pan Am 747 at the water park is MY Airplane!!!!!! I got my first 747 ride in it on 8/11/89.

Last edited by John H; 02-27-2014, 01:30 AM.

Comment

The jokes in other Evergreen threads about Kermit acquiring the Spruce Goose seem a little more viable now. With Kermit already acquiring one other former Hughes aircraft, who knows? It could happen.

Comment

Imagine the logistics of moving the Goose back east. I imagine it would have to be floated through the Canal. That would be quite a sight to see.
              No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
              http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
                Imagine the logistics of moving the Goose back east. I imagine it would have to be floated through the Canal. That would be quite a sight to see.
                Imagine Fantasy of Flight West Coast. A man can dream.

Comment

Put air in the tires, and Kermit can fly it back to Florida.
                  '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Does anyone know how much work it would take to make the P-38 airworthy?
                    From the description it sounds like the restoration was quite extensive, but it's been sitting in the museum for 10+ years now...

Platinum Fighter Sales specializes in the sale of quality, historic, vintage and warbird aircraft, for both the pilot and the collector.

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post
                      Put air in the tires, and Kermit can fly it back to Florida.
                      Sorry... not tires.
                      Bill Garnett
                      InterstellarDust
                      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Sorry... not tires.
                        Ok smartypants, where do you put the air?
                        '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Working...
                        X