Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula 1 Air Race scheduled for June, in Spain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 Air Race scheduled for June, in Spain!

See the following for details:

Re: Formula 1 Air Race scheduled for June, in Spain!

Now that is promotion! RARA, please show it to your PR flacks, might wake them up.

Comment

It's about an hour and a half drive from Barcelona.

Comment

Geez,

The site looks great. Look at the attached brochure they offer. All the cities, all the media exposure???

RARA has been at it for 50 years and then these guys come along and they have a site like this right at the start

This F1 series will be International, South Africa, Korea, etc. I say Reno needs to get a date to have them here as part of our Air Races???

Television coverage in over 100 countries, crap we can't even get it in our own??

Anybody home at RARA???

Last edited by Desertdawg; 02-20-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

They could have at least asked to use some of my helmet cam video..
          Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Just watched it and I agree 110% Dude...the video clip is full of copyrighted material from a variety of sources and one has to wonder if they even bothered to seek a license to use it or just pirated the footage.

Not prejudging here but something doesn't seem right on the surface. Breitling footage, "Air Racers" footage, not to mention what seems to be a lot of footage and/or images taken of the net. And why mix all the footage of Unlimited, T-6, Sport, etc. Isn't this just F1?

Hope they did their homework on that but from the sounds of it, it seems they took the easy way out.
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
              They could have at least asked to use some of my helmet cam video..
              Well thats not right.

Have you contacted them?

Comment

It's promoting air racing that's was the purpose of the footage to start with right , if you want I'll find you an f1 and you can come race with us

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  Well thats not right.

Have you contacted them?
                  No, for a few reasons. The reality is the video was probably farmed out to someone else, who clearly doesn't give a damn about copyright, etc.. So your not going to win that battle, believe me I have tried with other content not related to air racing.

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
                  It's promoting air racing that's was the purpose of the footage to start with right , if you want I'll find you an f1 and you can come race with us
                  This is the other reason I'm not going to say anything, I agree it is in the interest of promoting the sport. But..

What bothers me is the time I put in to making that content, and then it is just assumed anybody can do whatever they want with it. I buy royalty free music, just to be on the up and up, for example. Buying cameras, shooting the content, capturing the data daily, buying editing software, editing itself, putting it on YouTube... It is a big job, as I'm sure plenty here have done also. I don't do it for me, I was there, I know what it is like. I do it for those that aren't able to get our point of view, and to also promote the sport. If somebody would have asked, I would have said yes, and given them better quality raw footage. Just rubs me the wrong way when I find it other places by accident. I'm sure everyone else who's content is included feels the same way.

Even though I race in the sport class, I go from the pilot brief directly to the flight line to catch the F1 races every day. Sometimes shifty talks too much and we're late, but we get there.
                  Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Well said, Dude. Well said. Posted many an image and video slideshows on the net and for the most part, folks are repsectful of the copyright. But every once in a while...

And I'm shocked...shocked...to hear you say Shifty occassionally talks too long in the briefing!
                    Owen Ashurst
                    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

And their reply is exactly as I predicted.

"Hi Tom, we appreciate your message. We only use footage that is given to us rights-free from the source or from a producer that authorizes it. If this was in our archive I can assure you we had permission. It may have been that the editor we hired for that video took it without your knowledge, for which we would be sorry. That editor is not part of our organization and we do not use him anymore. If you require, we can remove the video or your footage from it, with our apologies."

The air race group didn't edit it, they farmed it out to someone who clearly doesn't care.. Just figured I would let everyone know.

This is the video I was talking about.
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

This video really highlights the need for the IF-1 guys to be on the lookout for rogue T-6 and Unlimited incursions on the course during their race!

But it has Sandy Porter representing Section 3, so that's gotta count for something....right?

Comment

I might add that I did get a personal response from the air race group. Super nice, and they didn't intend the video to turn out like it did anyway, hardly any F1 content. So they are victims here also. I suggested they may use my content however they want, but also agree that it isn't F1 racing, so probably not suited to their needs. Moral of the story, its all good, and I look for the series to succeed.
                          Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

I've been keeping track of this group since I first heard of them. Thus far, they seem like they are trying hard to do everything correctly. I'm hoping they can get past the start up issues anybody would have and get a series established. More Air Racing in any form can onl help the Reno Air Races.

Comment

As of now we have 3-4 American planes and pilots going to represent the us, I'm trying to get #44 Judy to take over there and kick some international a$$, so far we have Steve Temple and his #87 Maddness , Jay Jones in #45 Quadnikle, Thom Richard and Kent Kassel will bring #99Margert June , and if KnottyGirl #69 is done in time to make the boat she will go but still working on getting Judy. It's my opinion that if this first race goes well we will have a full series of IF1 air racing again , then maybe Reno will start to realize we are not just a filler class, I was reading a book called gentlemen you have a race, in the 70's IF1 was just as popular as the unlimiteds, I don't know what happened, anyway this race in Spain should be an awesome boost for all of air racing .

Comment

Working...
                              X