N13HP down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N13HP down?

It is being reported on WIX that N13HP, the former Howard Pardue Fury, was involved in a fatal accident near Breckenridge yesterday.

Re: N13HP down?

Originally posted by Mike51 View Post
    It is being reported on WIX that N13HP, the former Howard Pardue Fury, was involved in a fatal accident near Breckenridge yesterday.
    I am thinking this may be untrue, the poster on Wix is a new member and i cannot find anything on the internet about a crash yet!

Comment

Pretty sure it is true. Media doesn't know about it yet but the word is going around Facebook now. No names were said yet, that I saw. Too early I suspect.
      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

It's true it was one of my friends flying it, really cool guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
          Pretty sure it is true. Media doesn't know about it yet but the word is going around Facebook now. No names were said yet, that I saw. Too early I suspect.
          yes, its true. preliminary report is up at FAA.GOV

condolences to the pilots family and friends
          bob burns
          ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
          "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Very sad. Over the weekend, the Ezell Aviation Facebook page posted several photos of Fury and Spirit of Texas flying together. Apparently a few final flights before turning Fury over to the new owner yesterday, who crashed leaving the Breckenridge airport. Blue skies.....

Comment

here is a link to a local news article.

my condolences to his family and friends
              bob burns
              ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
              "dont mess with texas"

Comment

I suppose it says something incredibly special about the aviation industry as a whole, and the warbird group in particular, that while we may not have known Ray Hofman (as I did not), news like like comes like a kick in the gut, regardless.

CAVU in your eternal flight west, Ray. Thoughts and prayers with family and friends.
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Another article about Ray Hofman. He owned the P-51 Boo Man Choo.

thumbs up from Ray Hofman @ the Wings Over Houston Airshow Ellington Field, 26/10/2013. Sadly, Ray died in a plane crash near Abilene, Texas on 18/02/2014. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                    I suppose it says something incredibly special about the aviation industry as a whole, and the warbird group in particular, that while we may not have known Ray Hofman (as I did not), news like like comes like a kick in the gut, regardless.

CAVU in your eternal flight west, Ray. Thoughts and prayers with family and friends.
                    Ditto x2.

Thats is never good news. Once I saw the subject line in the post this morning, I had a sad feeling when I opened the thread. Then when the news story link got posted providing a name and picture. Reading the part that the school where his children attend "we lost a parent today and lowered their flag to half staff". That hit home.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post

These were my exact thoughts as well (I didn't know Ray either, but am completely gutted)...

I was so excited to see Howard's Fury back in the air again when Ezell Aviation posted this video on Facebook 2 days ago...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

My condolences to friends and family.
                      Last edited by CJAM427; 02-19-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

This sucks, Boo Man Choo was in the pits at the races this last year, gorgeous airplane he was a lucky man to have that and Howard's Fury. Since he brought the Stang to Reno I would venture to say he might have even started racing in the Fury this year.
                        Blue skies.
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                          This sucks, Boo Man Choo was in the pits at the races this last year, gorgeous airplane he was a lucky man to have that and Howard's Fury. Since he brought the Stang to Reno I would venture to say he might have even started racing in the Fury this year.
                          Blue skies.
                          Yeah Ray was pitted with us and a good friend of Thom. He also holds the record at the Texas Mile in a GT40. Not sure but he seems like the kinda guy that would want to go racing.

Comment

Good write-up from the CAF,

Seems like he was a damn nice guy with a passion that is all too rare nowadays.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Comment

He was defiantly eaten up with this warbird stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X