Clear All

• FAA Chooses Reno-Stead Airport for Drone Development

Re: FAA Chooses Reno-Stead Airport for Drone Development

Another nail in the coffin?

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

There was mention of "320" flying days in there. That still allows the 2+ weeks a year for PRS and the races in my interpretation.

This could be another way to help get the word around the world. The UAV folks could show case their toys, make it a sales event like Farnborough, Oshkosh etc. Lots of folks from around the world to "shop" AND take in the races. More eyes on the event and the word can get out that way. IF it were to happen that way, the UAV companies could/should pitch in to keep the money issue a little more manageable.

My 1/2 cent.
      John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Maybe this would help keep Stead as a functioning aviation facility and slow if not stop encroachment all together. I don't see how this would effect the air races at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
          Maybe this would help keep Stead as a functioning aviation facility and slow if not stop encroachment all together. I don't see how this would effect the air races at all.
          Not unless they are classified or secret projects. No public air races at Area 51?!!

Does this mean we get to eliminate the pilot and fly our Big Iron around the course with a Futaba Radio?
          Last edited by toldjaso; 02-16-2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
            Not unless they are classified or secret projects. No public air races at Area 51?!!

Does this mean we get to eliminate the pilot and fly our Big Iron around the course with a Futaba Radio?
            Classified or secret projects at Stead. Something that would require secrecy of that magnitude wouldn't be tested at Stead.

Comment

I hope some of the engineer's on board has some warbird, or air racing history in their blood. I can see someone taking a drone around the Pylon's!
              The impact of the Drone facilities, and the influx of any aeronautic individuals to the community would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post

Spektrum Dx 9 lol

Comment

It should be very good for our area.

UNR even created a new minor degree course for Drone Technology.

Look at the bright side. RARA could add a new class - Drone
                  Last edited by Desertdawg; 02-17-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X