Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: It's almost time.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    452

    Default It's almost time.....

    Yes, it's almost time, we're very, very close now Stay tuned for more later - it'll be worth it
    sorry for talking in riddles - just having a little fun
    Mark K....

  2. #2

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    The return of Pylon 1?! The original go to air race site?!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    452

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by wyhdah View Post
    The return of Pylon 1?! The original go to air race site?!
    Yep - that's the one
    But it's been what, 12 years? Hey, the old becomes new again! I had to make a lot of changes, but I think you'll be happy with the result of what we've gotten up on the site to date. My favorite so far is "the Precious Metal Story".

    Can't believe it's already open - seems like I just started work on it last month. Time flies, ya know
    Mark K....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    12 years? Really?? It's about damn time then!!
    Happy to see you back Mark!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    452

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by dineega View Post
    12 years? Really?? It's about damn time then!!
    Happy to see you back Mark!!
    Glad to BE back Rachel
    It has been far too long... hope to see ya soon and share a cold one after a long day watching air racers go by
    Mark K....

  6. #6

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
    Yep - that's the one
    But it's been what, 12 years? Hey, the old becomes new again! I had to make a lot of changes, but I think you'll be happy with the result of what we've gotten up on the site to date. My favorite so far is "the Precious Metal Story".

    Can't believe it's already open - seems like I just started work on it last month. Time flies, ya know
    Ok where is it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    452

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Ok where is it?
    On the Home page, about 3/4 of the way down, or
    the 2nd story down listed on the Air Racers:The Planes: In Focus index page or
    just look below

    The "Precious Metal" Story
    Article By: as experienced by Ralph Payne
    Photography By: Gerald Liang & Emil Strasser
    Mark K....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    1,815

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
    On the Home page, about 3/4 of the way down, or
    the 2nd story down listed on the Air Racers:The Planes: In Focus index page or
    just look below

    The "Precious Metal" Story
    Article By: as experienced by Ralph Payne
    Photography By: Gerald Liang & Emil Strasser

    That is just great, now I will never get anything done. Another site I will check constantly. Thanks a lot for controlling my life. :

    All kidding a side, your site looks great and look forward to reading the stories. I also see there will be lots of nice photography.


  9. #9

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    Welcome back Mark! Can't believe it's been 12 years though.

    GP

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    452

    Default Re: It's almost time.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    All kidding a side, your site looks great and look forward to reading the stories. I also see there will be lots of nice photography.
    I'm very happy you like the site layout - but I do know it looks a little sterile, not a lot of pictures on the home or index pages - pics in the articles & gallery pages though I think it's a good compromise since everything updates automatically when I publish a new story - streamlining the entire process. I've gotten a little lazy in my old age

    I do have a bit of bad news on the photos though - my scanner broke 2 months ago and I need to get a new one (not so easy since I'm just getting back to work after a 7 month layoff). I'm just using what I scanned before it did break, and because the scanner was a bit out of whack the last few months it did work, not a lot of the scanned images can be used as wallpaper as the bottom 1/4 of all the scans were out of focus (weird problem that went unnoticed until I started looking real closely at the raw scans). For gallery images the out of focus issue isn't a problem since the images are not huge. Wallpaper images are big, and you can't hide anything in those. If it isn't a great pic it just won't hold up to that kind of enlargement. Regardless - new scanner is planned for the future, but I think we still have more then enough scans completed to keep me busy for awhile.

    Hope you enjoy your time there... now it's back to processing more pics for wallpaper (My favorite thing to do. Seriously - this is my absolute favorite thing to do for the website.

    You just gotta love a great pic of an Unlimited Class racer! Name:  thumbsup2.gif
Views: 461
Size:  175 Bytes
    Mark K....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •