Preciuos Metal Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preciuos Metal Updates

I enjoyed the ability to speak with an actual photographer about taking photos of something like this. My own focus was more of a photo documentation of many things during the event (hose routing, squawks that will need to be addressed, etc) and then keeping a record of the event itself. I think everybody can see how outstanding his photos turned out with his light placement, professional equipment and great understanding of the world of photography. I believe by the end of the day he felt welcomed by the Minions of Team Precious Metal. It's skills like his that can help us all reach out to a larger group of fans in our goal of promoting Air Racing.

Comment

I like that one as well Samuel. It shows the quiet and deliberate work of the team. All noses are on the "grindstone".

Comment

Big end of the engine is off for machine work and the "new stuff" is already in country. The other things I can't talk about are ready to be injected into the engine program.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
          Big end of the engine is off for machine work and the "new stuff" is already in country. The other things I can't talk about are ready to be injected into the engine program.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RossF View Post
            The PM team has folks that understand branding and marketing, combined with the ability to do that branding and marketing. It's not easy, but it can be lucrative if they do it well.

Too bad the other teams can't or won't follow suit.
            Really, how difficult is it for the other teams to have a Facebook page and post occasional updates and photos throughout the year? The days of secrecy was fun in the 1980s and 90s, but doesn't fly in the social media era we're now living in. Major kudos to the PM gang for "getting it"!
            Last edited by Ken Adkins; 03-04-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
              Really, how difficult is it for the other teams to have a Facebook page and post occasional updates and photos throughout the year? The days of secrecy was fun in the 1980s and 90s, but doesn't fly in the social media era we're now living in. Major kudos to the PM gang for "getting it"!
              Amen!

The PM team's Facebook presence is why I became a PM fan!

Comment

Are you planning on two engines this year?
                Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                  I heard that it was discussed however finding a pusher contra-rotating system as well as the airframe mods required weren't feasible for 2014, I did hear that it was on the radar for 2015 though.............

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                    I heard that it was discussed however finding a pusher contra-rotating system as well as the airframe mods required weren't feasible for 2014, I did hear that it was on the radar for 2015 though.............
                    Took me a while to get that.
                    Random Air Blog

Comment

It took me about 30 minutes to create the page back in 2011. I gave Thom and a few other people admin rights and that was it. I posted two short videos of the 2011 rebuild and it took off from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                        Not sure yet. Thom would like a ferry engine and a race engine.

Comment

Not sure yet. Thom would like a ferry engine and a race engine.
                          Just thinking out loud, but this could probably make a very cheap back up engine: https://www.barnstormers.com/classified_842132_Rolls+Royce+Griffon+58.html

Problem is it is one the wrong side of the country!
                          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
                            There are those of us who volunteer our time, talent and equipment on teams to race and provide as much information as possible. One has to realize that the teams do not have a full time staff, nor do they have funds to hire people to do PR. And there are some reasons for not posting everything that a team does.

Voodoo has a fan page that I try and post info on as time allows, along with here and other message boards. In fact, I've shared more telemetry data over the years than any other team and a few of us have gone out of our way to provide live pit cams, 5 cameras in the cockpit and Jason produces some awesome videos. I wouldn't say that other teams haven't gotten on board

fan page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/313222938811896/
                            Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Voodoo1650

Just understand that racing isn't a full-time endeavor and people do what they can. Reno, for the most part, is an annual family reunion and BBQ for aviation enthusiasts. Life goes on the other 350 days out of the year.

Michael

Comment

Voodoo is another one of the Unlimited teams that has shared more than most! Your videos (along with telemetry are simply amazing)! I hope that you continue to post updates to the Voodoo Air Racer fan club.
                              Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                                Contra-rotating squirrels this year
                                Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X