Staggerwing Race at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staggerwing Race at Reno

Cool video from 1970. Kinda neat that they had to have a copilot due to poor visibility out of the Staggerwing.

Bob Hoover looks so young! Amazing mayday by Greenameyer with a subsequent takeoff to rejoin the race.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by flyboycpa; 02-04-2014, 11:21 AM.
    Biplane Race #3

Re: Staggerwing Race at Reno

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
    Cool video from 1970. Kinda neat that they had to have a copilot due to poor visibility out of the Staggerwing.

Bob Hoover looks so young! Amazing mayday by Greenameyer with a subsequent takeoff to rejoin the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcwEkDf7Y8
    Nice post, Sam, thanks.

Over the years, I've wanted to see an "IROC" type of race. The top one or two pilots from each class would race each other in identical planes. It would be an opportunity for an aircraft manufacturer to show off their product and for the races to gain a sponsor (i.e., "The National Championship Air Races presents the Beechcraft Air Race of Champions").

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
      Nice post, Sam, thanks.

Over the years, I've wanted to see an "IROC" type of race. The top one or two pilots from each class would race each other in identical planes. It would be an opportunity for an aircraft manufacturer to show off their product and for the races to gain a sponsor (i.e., "The National Championship Air Races presents the Beechcraft Air Race of Champions").
      Absolutely, Chris! Swift Air Race of Champions has a nice ring to it, eh?

I hope DEN is treating you well these days. Now that the JFK folks are bleeding into EWR, we keep moving backwards. You got out of EWR at the right time.

all the best,
      Sam
      Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
        Swift Air Race of Champions has a nice ring to it, eh?
        Yes - a Swift class would be sweet. Now, how to make it happen...?

Comment

Yes - a Swift class would be sweet. Now, how to make it happen...?
          If only we knew somebody on the Swift Board...

Comment

If only we knew somebody on the Swift Board...
            I know, right?

We are doing our National Fly-In this year at Dayton. I don't think our event insurance would allow a race, but boy would that be fun.
            Biplane Race #3

Comment

Working...
            X