Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Mystical Power Race #21

Good-day folks,

Looking for a few more detail photos of T-6 racer 'Mystical power', during the early-mid 90's. Curious what year the Eagle emblem on the fuselage was changed? This was one of the most attractive schemes!

Here's a few photos that I have. Any others would be awesome!

- Joseph

Re: Older Mystical Power Race #21

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
    Good-day folks,

Looking for a few more detail photos of T-6 racer 'Mystical power', during the early-mid 90's. Curious what year the Eagle emblem on the fuselage was changed? This was one of the most attractive schemes!

Here's a few photos that I have. Any others would be awesome!

- Joseph
    The Eagle became stars and bars in off season 98/99. It was an excelleent piece of airbrush art but was better suited as nose-art on a military aircraft. Notice the vertical stab change in pictures 3 & 4? Picture #4 is a Mk II and pix #3 is the later (and faster) version. The Black Jack cards were gone by 97. Pix to follow.
    Mystical Power

Comment

Originally posted by Race#21 View Post
      The Eagle became stars and bars in off season 98/99. It was an excellent piece of airbrush art but was better suited as nose-art on a military aircraft. Notice the vertical stab change in pictures 3 & 4? Picture #4 is a Mk II and pix #3 is the later (and faster) version. The Black Jack cards were gone by 97. Pix to follow.
      N-number changed in '98 from N125JD to N212TC to please the new owner Tom (TC) Campau.
      Mystical Power

Comment

Thank-you for the information. Was curious about the tail, very interesting.
        In photo #4 I can't identify the gold, w/ an 'H' ? Also couldn't read much beyond the previous owners name, and a few 'special thanks'...

Thanks again!
        - Joseph

Comment

Thank-you for the information. Was curious about the tail, very interesting.
          In photo #4 I can't identify the gold, w/ an 'H' ? Also couldn't read much beyond the previous owners name, and a few 'special thanks'...

Thanks again!
          - Joseph
          I think the "H" is just tape sealing the hyd fluid res. The Mystical Power wizzard on the nose stayed in place thru my 2005 crash in Wyoming. Tim Savage took it off when re purchased the damaged A/C snd changed it to "Warbird Aero Press" advertising billboard. The late Gary Miller did an absolutely beautiful airbrush Mystical Power re-creation when he purchased #21.

Tom
          Mystical Power

Comment

Thanks Tom. I thought '05 was when the old emblem changed.

I think it was 'Warbird Digest', If I'm not mis-understood?

Thanks for the addition information! Much appreciated.

- Joseph

Comment

Thanks Tom. I thought '05 was when the old emblem changed.

I think it was 'Warbird Digest', If I'm not mis-understood?

Thanks for the addition information! Much appreciated.

- Joseph
              Thanks Joseph (Idaho_cowpony) I stand corrected: You are correct, it was Warbird Digest. I last raced Mystical Power at Reno in '95. Crashed on the way home (catastrophic engine failure @ 4000 agl 30nm west of Scottsbluff NE, near Torrington WY).
              Mystical Power

Comment

Originally posted by Race#21 View Post
                Thanks Joseph (Idaho_cowpony) I stand corrected: You are correct, it was Warbird Digest. I last raced Mystical Power at Reno in '05. Crashed on the way home (catastrophic engine failure @ 4000 agl 30nm west of Scottsbluff NE, near Torrington WY).
                OOPS! fat finger mistake on the year. I last raced Mystical Power at Reno in 2005.
                Mystical Power

Comment

hi tom... how are you doing my friend
                  Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                  RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Working...
                  X