Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13 suggestions for improving the races

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
    Everyone has had killer ideas but creating a new class or adding some side show bob act won't help either, it's all about how we market ourselves and to who, here is the prob bob, we already have the coolest $hit in town , I mean think about it , Stevo doin almost 500mph in a p51 mustang followed by bearcats wildcats tigercats p38 p39 seafury and whatever PM is and that's just the normal planes ,pond racer tsunami well I think you get what I'm saying, and that's just the unlimiteds .
    The jets which I don't know much about are very exciting for new people, the noise the speed are pretty cool.

The ones who I think are the heroes are the sport class everyday people racing everyday planes, but the passion you see in the sport hanger is unsurpassed , they are the youngest class with the most participants so maybe rara and the other classes need to take notice I hope my class does.

Then you have my little guys doing 260mph on 100 or 180hp F1 and biplanes, Not to mention the best aerobatic performers and jet teams and don't forget a rocket powered car

Soooooooooo.... In my book we have the coolest $hit already we just need tv and good marketing
    The Sport, F1 and bipes have some cool stuff going on, and for the most part the general admission attendee will never see any of that up close. The bipes and f1 have there races so early in the morning that one year we were waiting for the GA gate to open and they started a race before the gate was open. This is my point about making it accessible. get people into the pits with out having to get a second mortgage on the house, get the pilots and crew out in front of the crowd etc. The top guys in the sport class are flying planes that an average joe with some money can buy and fly with out a huge pile of cash like the unlimiteds and they are faster than the stock warbirds. With some more in$entive you could have a gold race in the sport with 5-10 planes in the 400-425 range with actual racing and passing.

Comment

1. Hot Babes - Get their attention with eye candy. Once you have their attention, tell the rest of the story.
      OK, I just had a stray thought, not a suggestion, just a vision... The Voodoo, Strega, PM, Rare Bear, etc. DANCERS (or cheerleaders).
      Like I said, just one of those fleeting visions.
      Not even an alcohol fueled vision either.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
        OK, I just had a stray thought, not a suggestion, just a vision... The Voodoo, Strega, PM, Rare Bear, etc. DANCERS (or cheerleaders).
        Like I said, just one of those fleeting visions.
        Not even an alcohol fueled vision either.
        Two words... Umbrella Girls!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
          Two words... Umbrella Girls!
          Don't forget those of the female side of things who are race fans, crew and pilots. I liked these boys sitting on Vicky's airplane So did quite a few fans who crowded around to take pics.

We also had a crew member who was 'Umbrella Boy'. Need to find that picture......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boys on the plane (640x428).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	227563[

Comment

"Hondo Magazine"..... "Men in Flight Suits"....

<sorry... couldn't resist...>
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Men of racing swim suit calender

Comment

Remember "Dancing Queen"?
                Art and name on a formula:
                "The Flying Studmuffin"
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts